Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Wings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Wings...

This is a very interesting detailed discussion about how to make the best chicken wings possible in restaurants. There are details there that we can use on our BBQ's. There is also a 33 minute podcast at comment #20.

http://stellaculinary.com/forum/gene...gs-lets-put-th

Thanks man!!!!

Comment

It is kind of scientifically geeky in some spots but it's some highly qualified resturantuer's/chef's trying to perfect chicken wings with whatever equipment and techniques possible. That discussion went on for weeks with them all doing test after test. Chef Jacob is going to do a video series on it soon.

We can all use bits and pieces of it to improve our chicken wing game I think.

Comment

I love Stella Culinary. Have learned an incredible amount of food knowledge through that site.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          Wartface I am working on mastering the five mother sauces. My wife LOVES Eggs Benedict and that is my first sauce to get down. I also am going to try the Bearnaise sauce for steaks in the near future. Stella is a great site (as well as my favorite beer...lol)

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          FLBuckeye

Once you learn how to make hollandaise sauce... Bernaise is a piece of cake!

Hollandaise is the base sauce of bernaise.

Before you start you hollandaise sauce you do a reduction of white wine vinegar and terragon. You add that to your hollandaise sauce and you have bernaise sauce.

I serve bernaise sauce with beef tenderloin because it has so little fat. I don't use it with Ribeye's or New York strip steaks.
          Last edited by Breadhead; June 17, 2015, 10:12 PM.

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          FLBuckeye

"I love Stella Culinary. Have learned an incredible amount of food knowledge through that site."

StellaCulinary is my indoor cooking go to source.

AmazingRibs.com is my go to outdoor cooking source.

The combination of the 2 will up your culinary skills greatly.

Much of what I learn on the Stella website I first think how do I apply that to my grilling and BBQ preference.

Both site's approach it from a scientific angle and teach technique much more than providing you with recipes. Even though they both have killer recipes.

I prefer to cook outside so AR has been my preferred website for years now.

But... I'm a Breadhead too.

Chef Jacob is a Master Baker of Bread. He taught me the Baker's Percentage and that single lesson opened my understanding of bread. I went from a recipe follower to a recipe creater.

I now can scale any bread recipe up or down. I now can make any type of bread with commercial yeast or with sourdough as the yeast and can convert it either way in my head. I now can use a little yeast or a lot of yeast and bake the dough I'm making in 4 hours or in 12/24/48 hours. I now can compose my own recipes.

I'm fascinated with both BBQ and Bread. They are very complimentary additions because both require great planning and techniques, very little hands on labor and lots of waiting.

I'm an expert at waiting!
          Last edited by Breadhead; June 17, 2015, 10:11 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis