Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

general thank you to you all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

general thank you to you all

So after my long cook of pork butts last weekend i brought in a crockpot full to work. it was apparently my turn to bring it in since i am one of the 4 people in my office that have a smoker (but the only one to subscribe to this webpage). the pork i brought in is getting rave reviews from my coworkers all thanks to this website and the people posting on this forum. i just want to say thank you for educating me and getting to the point where i can make killer pulled pork! i think mine is so far the best out of everyone who has brought theirs in so far!

@DeusDingo... " i just want to say thank you for educating me and getting to the point where i can make killer pulled pork! i think mine is so far the best out of everyone who has brought theirs in so far!"

I think we all could or have at some point expressed that exact feeling of appreciation for what AR has given us. That was Meathead's mission I think when he started the website. He delivered and has upped our BBQ game.
    Last edited by Breadhead; June 17, 2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wartface View Post

I think we all could or have at some point expressed that exact feeling of appreciation for what AR has given us. That was Meathead's mission I think when he started the website. He delivered and has upped our BBQ game.

True that.

Kathryn

Comment

Before I stumbled across AR, I had not smoked a thing in my life. I just did steaks, burgers and chicken over direct heat on my trusty 22" Weber. When I finally arrived on AR, I spotted the Smokenator and I started smoking.

I started a recipe book and have almost 70 AR recipes / techniques. I have other stuff I have gleaned from links from Pitmaster members and sites on the web.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Comment

Amen!

And it has made our lives better! So thankful for all here!! I also think we make each other better. I know I see what others are doing and REALLY try to up my game! And the sharing of recipes and techniques, well. Where else does this stuff happen?

Comment

it is inspiring when you see some beautiful meat and you realize "hey, i can make that too!"

Comment

When I was exiled to Atlanta, we had a house in Stone Mountain. I chose it because it had a screened back deck and a hard piped gas grill. I was still new to all this stuff. We moved in on Sunday and I delivered my daughter the following Tuesday. But, with that grill and limited budgets, we ate a lot of chicken. I eventually started experimenting with smoke. usually I would smoke turkey breast. it wasn't bad, all things considered. I had started grilling hanging out with friends in college.

My dad used to always brag about smoking. he made a MEAN turkey plywood. But, with time, even that drafty old gas grill could turn out edibles. when we came back, I wasn't home much. three jobs to keep the tuition payments for the kidlets. But, kidlets growing up gave me more time to indulge. that was when I started becoming serious.

HWMO is not a fan of restaurants and, at this point, I can't afford any restaurant I would go out of my way to patronize. and that's Ok.

I can't remember how I found this site and I have forgotten how many times I have passed it along. I'm even a very good girl when we visit the neighbors across the street who brag about their smoked pork. He knows I am a judge. yeah, I fudged. but, it's not bad. Good friends make BBQ more tender.

I can't begin to say how many of the pages I have explored and I know I can do my share of yammering. but I very much love this site. the marvelous info as well as the wonderful comradeships.

Comment

• Medusa
                Medusa commented
                Editing a comment
                ... exiled to Atlanta. At least you've escaped - we're still here.

I finally accepted that it will take me 1.5 hours to make a 35 mile commute from work to home. This is back roads where I can hit 50 mph vs. 5 on the $%#!&$ interstates.

HOA won't permit building helicopter landing-LOL!

--Ed

• Karon Adams
                Karon Adams commented
                Editing a comment
                where abouts? we were in Stone Mountain, on the city side. could see that big rock from my deck. one of the reasons I bought that house.

• Karon Adams
                Karon Adams commented
                Editing a comment
                We lived in Stone mountain, at Rockbridge. 5152 FairForest Dr. I remember it now, after 15 years because I taught my kids their address and phone numbers to song. so I still hear the tunes. they knew their phone number to Row row row your boat. "My phone number is...2..9..7, 2..9..7.. 0426..0426. then the address was the address to jingle Bells...51..52 FairForest dr, Stone mtn, ga...30088. I can't believe I still remember those. I remember taking my oldest to school at St Thomas More in Decatur. took 45 minutes to drive in via Ponce, and 10 minutes to come home.

If you find yourself in the area, take a look. the Kiwis should still be on the fence. they'll be ready to pick around Halloween.

Nice trip down memory Lane.

We like your yammering... We all love the site. It's like home away from home. We need more women on here I think.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
                Steve Vojtek commented
                Editing a comment
                I second that..

• Medusa
                Medusa commented
                Editing a comment
                Second that!

• ontheranch
                ontheranch commented
                Editing a comment
                When I first joined, I was seriously concerned that this was just a good ole boys club and I would not be very welcome. I could not have been more wrong. The amount of info and the chance to learn Q for a tiny membership fee convinced me.

Best club I ever joined. Thanks to all of you on here, my dear hubby is eating better than ever and lovin' every practice session!

and a third.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis