Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WA State Is On Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WA State Is On Fire

Pretty much the whole state has a Red Flag warning and eastern Washington is already got fires burning. Very low humidity for the next 4-5 days. Haven’t had much rain for the past few weeks. Temps running in the 80’s in Western WA and 90’s in Eastern WA. Fires have burned several small towns on the East Side already and tons of evacuation orders.

Sounds purty Scary, Brother!

Ya'll be Safe an Well...please keep us apprised...

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do ..... west side of WA is under Red Flag watch, which only happens every 20 years or so

Dammit.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      All the blackberry brambles and such in western WA are now bombs waiting to go off. It’s pretty nasty. Eastern WA is already in bad shape, especially Okanogan County.

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      And by "Like" I mean "Not Like"

Stay safe my brother. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m probably okay where I’m at. But a lot of the state is in trouble.

Sad news, but do take care...

Comment

Wow, not you guys too....hope your right and out of harms way

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m okay where I’m at. The next few days are gonna be tough.

A picture in my backyard. Earlier today it was completely clear. Now you can see the smoke blowing in from Eastern Washington.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9C88C254-7610-41F1-84F6-942B4E51FF92.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	907567

Comment

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine is filled with water, lilies and koi!

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Hubby Chuck has rounded up several old stock tanks that are past their useful life for holding water. They'll work fine as planters -- lots of daylight showing through the bottoms. Just didn't know what to put in the bottom of the tanks so they didn't need quite so much soil. Thanks for sharing how you handled it, ecowper

• swartzster
        swartzster commented
        Editing a comment
        It looked like that up here in Snohomish County this morning. Ugly, but made for kinda cool sunrise

Juan Brown (blancolirio channel) keeps track of the fires in California to some degree on YouTube. That stuff is insane.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I grew up in the foothills in Northern CA ... in a bad year the whole damn thing may burn. Eastern WA is like that, too. When Western WA has a Red Flag warning stuff is really bad.

Feh. California was on fire before it was cool.

In all seriousness stay safe everyone. I've got friends in NE WA, we haven't heard anything so hopefully they're OK.

Of course, of more immediate concern to me is the 17,000+ acre fire 25 miles east of me. And we're supposed to have Santa Ana conditions for the next couple of days. Fun.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        JaySwen take care brother. I know that area well, used to spend a lot of time down there when I worked for Providence Health.

• JaySwen
        JaySwen commented
        Editing a comment
        ecowper Thanks for the thoughts, we're on and off the generator a few hours at a time, mostly for the fridge, freezer and the well pump. At least our internet is back...for now.
        When did you work for Prov? I'm a hospice nurse in Yamhill Co.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        JaySwen I was with Prov from 2006 to 2013

Stay safe! I hope everyone makes the wisest decisions possible given their circumstances.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        WA SR 167 and 410 are both closed now due to fire. This is in Western WA where we just don’t have fire issues normally

Wow. I lived out there years ago, and I could never imagine western WA state being on fire! Stay safe.

Comment

Stay safe brother. That county you mentioned above. That’s where Numb is right??
        ComfortablyNumb

Marco.....

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          ...Polo! That is indeed where I am, the fire is only about three miles away from my property.

Man, that sucks. Hoping and praying for the best out there.

Comment

Yeah, it’s dry and hot. We haven’t gotten much smoke up here in the northwest corner yet, hopefully it stays that way.

Comment

Not to offend, but Eastern WA when it's hot has a lot in common with hell. I used to go out to the Snake to catfish during the spawn - I've gotten heat sickness there pretty bad.

My neighbor's house burned down during the Cedar fire, that was during a Santa Ana. My dog always shook when the wind kicked up - he never got over that fire.

My best advice is simple - if you don't know EXACTLY what you're doing and have actual training and a plan, if asked to evacuate get out that minute. One thing to look out for is livestock - they won't be able to breath. I've spent a couple days running horses out to Del Mar for folks that weren't home. If you're experienced at hauling trailers the local FD can tell you if volunteers are needed.

Stay Safe!
            Last edited by JGo37; September 9, 2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Get out when told to get out is very, very good advice. I have a 30 year career working in this environment, I'm very well trained and experienced, and I will never "ride one out". In fact, I am hooking my 5th up today and getting all of the pet carriers and important stuff in quick get away pile. Gonna boogie straight to my neighbors huge riding arena if needed.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              CaptainMike Good Call! I think ya know my backtrail well enough, where I might have some experience base, so lemme tell ya, Brother: "Discretion is the better part of valor"

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis