Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Camping / Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Camping / Cooking

We are camping this weekend for Father's Day. A couple of other families will be joining us at the campground. I always do the cooking (the dinners) for these type of gatherings and this weekend is no different. I use these get togethers to try out recipes. I always ask them to be honest with their judgement. I can't smell any longer so my palate is diminished greatly so the feedback is important to me.

I will be doing a meal on Friday for 5 adults and 5 kids. I will be doing S & G chicken, legs and thighs, baked beans and corn bread. App is TBD. One of the dads requested chicken for a meal as the last time I did chicken he didn't get any.

On Saturday, I am making biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Also making Bloody (AR recipe) Mary's with the ice I smoked today. Lunch will be cold cuts and chips. Saturday night is the big dinner. We will be having more people join us for a total of 9 adults and 12 children, some of which are teenagers. I am going to do two butts and plan NOT on wrapping them for the first time. I am going to start them at midnight on my 18" WSM. I realize that is overkill with two butts but I love leftovers. For an app, I am making the Boursin cheese (AR recipe) spread with crackers. I am also doing bacon wrapped boneless chicken thighs. Any way I can bring bacon into the equation it is a winner. I am making the DC Mumbo (AR recipe) sauce, the Chocolate Chile (AR recipe) sauce and the Mom's Old Fashioned Potato (AR recipe) Salad all for the first time. Should be a hit!

Sunday, I am making my wife her favorite breakfast of Eggs Benedict. Going to cheat and use a packaged Hollandaise sauce. Making the real deal is on my list to try soon. I will be using turkey eggs (we have two turkeys and four more just hatched) and I am hoping they won't be too difficult to poach. I will make scrambled eggs from our American Buckeye chickens for the rest of the family. The batch of Controlled (AR recipe (see a trend here?)) Burn Hot Sauce Batch VI will be introduced also this weekend. Hoping for good reviews.

Will have plenty of pics to share when we get back.

Shoot, I forgot the dessert for Saturday night. Making Key Lime Pie from this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...e-pie-56389684

Interesting the the Florida Keys no longer produce Key Limes as a hurricane in the 30's wiped them all out. Now Key Limes come mostly from Mexico. I bought 2 lbs. today at the store for the two pies I will be making for the campout

Comment

Man that's awesome. Especially with pics. Some folks on here don't provide pics of completed meals. Bums me out.

Comment

• ontheranch
      ontheranch commented
      Editing a comment
      Some folks on here don't have camera's m'dear. We grew up in the Kodak Box-Polaroid (google this Jerod) age. Can we get a camera? Sure. Do we know how to use? Sure Do we want one? No. I am way too busy raising the beef you eat and learning all I can on this site about how to cook it the AR way!

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      Our son gave my wife a nice (used) SLR Rebel for Christmas. Beats the old digital we used to have. Looking for a major upgrade in my pic quality. I am going to buy a card dedicated to food

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis