Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for the charcoal to get hot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for the charcoal to get hot....

What do you do while waiting? Here is what I did today.....
    1) watched doves at feeder
    2) watched hummingbirds fight
    3) started a crossword
    4) threw the ball for my Morkie--repeatedly!
    5) wonder why they coals aren't lighting easily
    6) tried to forget Ms. Ingels (my HS algebra teacher)
    7) trimmed my nose hair
    8) watched a hawk circle above
    9) wondered how many of my old Army buddies are still alive
    10) watched my wife pick up dog poop
    11) thought about tomorrow's cook (bacon wrapped shrimp)
    12) finished crossword
    13) put the chicken thighs on smoker
    14) went and picked up the dog ball

Happy holiday weekend!!

Been smoking sausage all day. Batch number two is almost done, batch number three will be the last. Love me some vertical propane fueled smoker for this.

Comment

Cooking ribs today, one slab of SLC and one of back ribs. Doing it on the WSM so I just needed 25 briquettes to light in the chimney — about 15 minutes — and then the WSM to come up to temp — about 25 minutes — after that was a matter of seeing if the cooker temp was stable (it was) and on go the SLC’s. Back ribs about an hour later :-)

I did play with my dog and spend some time chatting with wife while waiting.

Comment

Wibs!

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s a wibs kinda day!

I use a BBQ Dragon. I don’t wait too long. I’m too impatient and nuke the coals.

Comment

Lucky to have a wok burner on my gas grill, chimney only takes about 10mins for those suckers to be usable.
          Enough time to wheel the little COS onto the grass and get it prepped.

Stuffed around for a long time with fire starters etc, waiting forever to get a good chimney of coals.
          Came to me in a blinding light when I noticed the wok burner diameter was a perfect match for my chimney.
          Sometimes I'm a bit slow on the uptake haha

Comment

I go old school while I'm setting around the smoker or grill. I whittle and carve for a hobby, and that is the perfect time and excuse to get out the knives and go to work.

Comment

Most any BBQ activity not requiring two hands is accompanied by a beer, or coffee if it's before about 11:00 am. I roasted some poblano peppers yesterday and that was close enough to grilling to justify a beer for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis