Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Labor Day and in the final stretch 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labor Day and in the final stretch 2020

Happy Labor Day Weekend. The weather here in Western Massachusetts is going to be perfect. Hope it is the same for you. There will be a fair amount of cooking taking place. My daughter and family will hopefully come over one of the days. Tommorow I'm doing the Feltman Hotdogs. Looking forward to seeing if the hype is warranted. In a pamdemic not venturing too far from home. Did a curbside p/u today at liquor store. Won't be running out of beer and other goodies anytime soon.

Be safe, enjoy family and friends, eat well. Just think only 4 months left in 2020.

Likewise here in WI. Got an early start today with a great cook. I posted on another thread about. Vortex chicken tomorrow!!

Comment

Guy at the liquor store: β€œHey that Richie guy is here. Go start the forklift so we can load those pallets of beer into his truck.” πŸ™‚

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I see his UHaul coming now.

Actually Donw this was a light load. The routine is my wife drives, I call upon arrival. I get a out of car open hatch lay check down which my wife filled out in back of car. Bring out order take check come back with receipt. I've had others conversations justifying the transaction with my wife.

Here's the bad part. In 47 years I have no knowledge of the checkbook. She pays bills and manages day to day transactions. I on the other hand I manage investments. As ignorant as I am on paying a bill she is in our investing.

We've both been successful in what we do. I'm secure with our financial future and I know the checkbook will be be balanced.
      ​​​​​​
      At 68 we talk about knowledge transfer. Maybe someday.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        A small succession plan perhaps? A way to pay for future liquor store transport Payments.

Happy Labor Day weekend, RichieB ! Doing ribs for my daughter's friend's birthday tomorrow, then having buddies over to make sausage on Monday. Bratwurst! Can't wait. Good weather here too. (Indiana).

Comment

Happy LD weekend to you all. I’ll be working (phew!) through Monday and was thinking of a brisket cook on Tuesday.

have a great cook!!

Comment

Can't say I'm a big fan of Labour Day, seems every one I see a motor vehicle accident. Yesterday I saw two pickups that did a head on collision on Highway 97 near Monse, WA. One was pulling a utility trailer with a riding and hand mowers, the other a boat. Trailers and cargo were all over the highway.

Worst one was in 2006. Friday evening and I was bringing a load from Oakland, CA to Richmond. I was following a camper trailer being pulled by a Suburban. On the back were bicycles, a couple of adult and a couple of children, held on with bungee cords. They were bouncing up and down and I could just see them coming off and into my grill. The guy wouldn't move over to the #4 lane, so I finally decided to go into the #2 lane (illegal for trucks in CA) and pass him. He wasn't going to haven any of that, and sped up leaving me hanging out there. We are both doing about 65MPH (10 over for trucks in CA, so now I'm flagrantly violating two laws) when we enter a banked curve. He finally backs down and I pass. Just when I get back over I see his trailer whip to the left, then to the right, back to the left, and then as it goes back to the right it tips over, pulling the Suburban over onto it's passenger side. The whole rig then slides into a barrier on the shoulder. I could picture the scene, kids in the back screaming, husband hung up in seatbelt while wife is laying on the door giving him an earful for being so stupid.

Fortunately I made it back home last night, in spite of having to hit the brakes to avoid a collision with a stop sign runner in Brewster. No plans on leaving the property the rest of the weekend.

Comment

We're staying home and trying to keep cool. It's going to be over 105 F this weekend. Also praying that there are no power outages this weekend.
            Last edited by TJMagneto; September 5, 2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

As a follow up, daughter and family came over for dinner. Simple stuff. In addition to pictures, grilled potato, salad and fruit. Accompanied with a nice Rose. Finished off with Grammys chocolate chip cookies.

See a lot of folks cookin up storm this weekend. Wish you all well.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20200906_171613.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	906747Click image for larger version

Name:	20200906_172703.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	906748

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis