Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Shortage at Sam's Club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Shortage at Sam's Club?

My local Sam's Club has always had a great price and selection on pork (since November 2014 when I found AmazingRibs), but over the past 2 or 3 weeks prices have skyrocketed on butts by the case and their selection of briskets, ribs and butts has went from 2 or 3 display cases down to 1. Pork butts by the case have went from $1.27 lb to $1.89 lb. Individual packages of 2 are $1.98 lb. They also have no spare ribs; baby back only. Next time I'm in there I'm going to ask what's going on. Today they had no pork butts in the case, but as I approached they were bringing out 2 packages. Anyone else seeing this at their Sam's, or is this probably seasonal, or maybe they are pushing beef sales?

I'm in Charlotte. They had St. Louis cut ribs yesterday. $3.29 per pound

My local grocery store was short on butts a few weeks ago. Not sure about Costco

Comment

It's that time of the year @ fuzzydaddy. That's the reason I bought two cases of PBs back in the winter when they were on sale. Spareribs is still on sale at Krogers for $1.99 lb. and chuck roast is &2.99 lb. I think tomorrow is the last day on the sales.

Comment

They stink at anticipating seasons (I work with companies selling to them, they all suck) as I mentioned in another post they found me a prime brisket in the back, last one in the place. They are low on ribs but loin stacked everywhere. It should be ok soon.

Comment

Thanks everyone! John yep, they had tons of pork loins. I asked about ribs and baby backs is all they have had for 2 weeks now. I normally do baby backs but I had promised a neighbor some spare ribs. I'll check Krogers..this last weekend my local Krogers was out of the sale items DWCowles. I just may have to drive a few miles further to other stores.

Comment

fuzzydaddy if you sign up on Krogers website you will receive an email each week of their weekly sales.

Comment

I was there today and butts were $1.98 a lb. Baby backs were $3.99 and spareribs were $2.99. Going to go to Restaurant Depot for meat for this weekends camping trip. Better prices there.

Comment

DWCowles done, and thanks! When butts were $1.27 lb for a case, I bought all my tiny freezer would hold, which was 1 case. They are long gone. Mmmmm maybe I can justify a chest freezer

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well like YES! Hello McFly

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis