Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thankful to be home after 10 days of evacuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richinlbrg
    replied
    So glad to read this, and know that you are well!

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    So happy to hear your home was spared. I can't image the fear and anguish you and your family have felt.
    My wife"s sister and husband live in Cobb (near Clear Lake) and lost their home in the fire that ran there there and hit Middleton also a few year ago. Still to this today they put their important papers and a few keepers in the car if they are going to be away for more than a few hours. They have been okay so far this time around just nervous as heck and ready to leave immediately.
    Last edited by ofelles; August 31, 2020, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I can't imagine what you've been through over the past several days, wrgilb . Time to rest and recover. I know you're already giving thanks.

Best wishes,
    Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Beautifully expressed.

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I think you sense of guilt is part of the eternal question “why did the bad thing happen to me, and the reverse is why did the good thing happen to me and not others.” Yes, some things can be explained by our actions or inactions but not everything.

Leave a comment:

• Jim White
    replied
    I can't imagine the relief of seeing your home still standing after ten long days of not knowing. Glad it worked out for you. Hoping the folks who lost everything get the help they need to get back on their feet soon.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Happy everything is ok. These are indeed difficult times we are in.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    I am very happy for you. Things happen - sometimes you come out on top, and sometimes you don't. It's the same for everyone, so don't feel guilty about being spared - you had no choice either way...

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    I'm so pleased to read that your home made it. As you can imagine I've seen this destruction many, many times over my career and we never get used to it. Just reading your comments conjures up feelings, emotions and, yes, smells. Every firefighter knows that smell and it never leaves us. But even in the destruction there is always that ever present sense of hope and perseverance. That is what we do, persevere. Your community will be whole again, God bless you all.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I know things can be replaced, unlike human life, but I can't even fathom coming home to find out if I actually have a home left. Some things can be salvaged after a hurricane, NOTHING is left after a fire. Glad you are OK!!

Fires Update

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Thanks for updating us! Happy to hear your house was spared. It is sure sad when tragedies happen. It is good when we're prepared though, then we have the best chances at a good outcome.

Leave a comment:

• wrgilb
    started a topic Thankful to be home after 10 days of evacuation

Thankful to be home after 10 days of evacuation

We returned home yesterday to Felton after 10 days of evacuation from the CZU fire. As I drove up my driveway I was overcome by emotions. I was glad and thankful that our house was spared, but at the same time I felt somewhat guilty that over 750 residences in our county where totally destroyed. We had several friends and other people we know that lost their houses. I know God is in control, but this is really hard to process. We want to thank all the firefighters and law enforcement that did such an outstanding job.
    Last edited by wrgilb; August 30, 2020, 06:57 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis