Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the path of Laura?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the path of Laura?

L looks like a decent sized hurricane and all the Houston weather people have been weeping and wailing for a week now but it appears to be well East of us. We have 0.08” of rain forecast for tomorrow so I’d say we missed it entirely. But I am sure some of you are in the path—- I hope you are OUT of the path now—- and hope you and yours are safe

The uncertainty of this storm was absolutely maddening. How fast it intensified is absolutely shocking for me. I did not prepare for this storm as well as I should have...and knowing that this thing could have hit us just as easily will ensure I don't make that mistake again!

Comment

I am a little over 240 miles north of the coast wright in the center of the cone. Been told to expect hurricane / tropical storm winds - 50 to 75 mpr tomorrow

Comment

Houston would have been in trouble if it hit us directly.

My heart goes out to Lake Charles!

Comment

Eye will be just east of here. By then she should be Cat 1 or less. West side is the best side.

Comment

Nowhere near there, but will experience the remnants on Saturday. Tell Laura I Hate Her.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
              Uncle Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              Ray Peterson thanks you for the plug..............

I hope you all in Lauras path stay safe!!

Comment

Parents are hunkered down in the bathroom of a brick home in Riceville, La. Mom said tornadoes gallore.

Comment

My heart goes out to all in the path. Hunker down and stay safe...

Comment

PaulstheRibList Praying for you!

Comment

Hunker down and hold on........unless you're in the flood zone, then let go and paddle.
                    Seriously, good luck!

Comment

Hope everyone's safe. I'm trying to get ahold of Paul to see how he & his fared. His place was right in the direct path.

Comment

I evacuated my Mom from near Pt. Arthur, Tex. and brought her to my place in Houston. I was real worried about damage to her neighborhood, but luckily we dodged a bullet. Her neighbor just got home and everything looks good. Beaumont area not too bad from what I’ve heard. Just no electricity yet for a lot of people in that area. Poor folks in Lake Charles and surrounding area got hammered.

Comment

Paul Pettefer ( PaulstheRibList) is OK, but is not without some serious losses. Here's a post about his place and his updates with Laura.

Comment

Just got my power back on. I guess it went out about 8am CST. Lost a roll of paper towel that I left on the side of the gas grill. She came through quick and only dumped just over 3" of rain. Parents and other family are fine. Sister, husband to be, and my brother had to sleep in the hallway of my brother's house in Abbeville. Sister said it was horrible at about 4 this morning.

Comment

• Panhead John
                              Panhead John commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I’ll bet it was horrible! I went through one in the 80’s when I lived in Galveston. It had only 90mph winds and it was scary as hell. In the middle of the night I’m sitting in my living room with a candle and flashlight. Wind was howlin big time. All of a sudden my French doors blew open, liked to never got em closed again. Transformers blowing up everywhere like bombs. Went through 3 pair of underwear that night.
                              Last edited by Panhead John; August 27, 2020, 03:45 PM.

• ofelles
                              ofelles commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Not sure if the insurance will cover the paper roll so my condolences! 😏

• Michael_in_TX
                              Michael_in_TX commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Alicia. 1983. Yes, that was not fun.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          Rubs Promo
                          Meat-Up in Memphis