Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Undoing of Spice Rack Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for reminding me that mine is an absolute disaster lol

Comment

Got this awhile ago from Amazon.
      Had a dumpster fire prior to this. The cabinet thing have had for years. Think it was from QVC. Might have been last purchase from them. It is functional.
      Please no comments about the stuff on the counter. Thats a wife thing. I pick my fights and this ain't one of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200827_175417.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	902275Click image for larger version

Name:	20200827_175525.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	902276

Comment

So here’s mine/ours. I think it’s under control . . . Really . . .!🤔😳

Name:	08153111-938D-4BB6-9A4B-968EED80F7E2.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	902328

Comment

Name:	94F91ECF-EA9B-4144-B8FF-CAB1213F7DA8.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	902410
          We have this on the right side of our kitchen. We live near a Penzey’s.😜

Comment

My kitchen has one of those old built in ironing boards. The board was missing so I added shelves and turned it into a spice rack.

Comment

I got some of these things and had them installed a few years back. They have worked out quite well.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by zzdocxx; August 28, 2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Then in the left corner shelf I've got a purchased lazy Susan unit. In the right corner I put a couple in there, cut the front off one to make a D. The commercial ones I like better due to the retaining edges.

Yeah stuff slides around too much on the DIY ones.

Attached Files
                Last edited by zzdocxx; August 28, 2020, 10:42 PM.

Comment

We remodeled our kitchen a little over a year ago. Had one of the new cabinets set up with spice racks on the doors. The idea being open the doors and there are your spices all neatly organized and ready to go. Ha! Looks like a bomb went off in there. Not even worth a photo. Oh well. We tried.

Comment

• zzdocxx
                    zzdocxx commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hahaha, funny. That's why I was pleasantly surprised that the ones I put in actually work, I wasn't sure if it was just a gimmicky device.

My mess bit me in the butt again but this time I confused the chili powder for paprika
                  Last time it was cayenne pepper.
                  I gotta start reading stuff....

Comment

I have spices in two locations, so not as neat as yours.
                    The satisfying task I did was throwing out spices of unknown vintage. I now date all the spices I buy, so I know if they're fresh or not. Far fewer bottles now, but all of them are fresh.
                    Nothing worse than being disappointed in a completed meal, then thinking "I wonder if the spices were old?"

Comment

• zzdocxx
                      zzdocxx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For my mom's caretaker, I got a spice grinder. Then I went online and ordered several non-ground spices to use in it.

In the process, among other things I learned the difference between Ceylon (true) cinnamon and bark of other plants which are allowed to be called cinnamon for marketing.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis