Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Undoing of Spice Rack Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Undoing of Spice Rack Hell

Finally for the first time in my adult life I have a spice storage area that is not in abysmal chaos. I installed the rack to the right today. Everything on it used to be in the rack on the left inside the pantry. All of the labels (if labeled) were all ugly and peeling. I cleaned all of the plastic jars with alcohol and affixed labels from Amazon. So all the uniform ones on the right where they can be seen. All of the misc spice stuff inside the pantry where it can't be seen. I wish I had taken before pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4752.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	902008Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4751.jpeg
Views:	288
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	902009Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4738.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	902006Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4756.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	902010Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4758.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	902007Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4761.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	902011

Yeah, I did that last year sometime. I was very pleased that it lasted several weeks.

😄🍺

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Mosca Lol...No doubt I probably will be saying the same thing...

Very Nice, Indeed, Brother!!!!!

Comment

I did it when I just moved. I have a spice cabinet. Pictures later.

You are definitely more dedicated than I.

Comment

Nicely done!
        Now you make me look bad.. lol

Name:	15985075291036180387560866519767.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	902057
        Last edited by Elton's BBQ; August 26, 2020, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Spices

Name:	IMG_20200827_031029.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	902073

Comment

I have a similar rack. Works well. Mine are not as organized as yours but the rack really helps to keep things in order.

Comment

Your Spices look great troymeister ! I probably won't be posting a picture of ours.

Comment

No pics of my disaster either....
                I could try something like that but it would end up being a mess within days, I'm just not that organized

Comment

Haha! Chaos! That’s funny. I like to think that my spices are chaotically organized so I, and only I, can find what I need and that is both spice areas - the cabinet and the shelf in the pantry.

Comment

Save space and make it easy. Mix them all into one jug.🙂 Actually that would be my wife’s Mom’s way. She use to combine all the breakfast cereals together in one box whenever any single box started to get low. Maybe that is how Chinese 5 spice was discovered.

Comment

Are you single? I ask, as I don't ever picture my wife going for a white wire shelf out in the kitchen hanging on the wall, filled with spices... I have to hide all ours in the pantry.

Great job on the organizing though, and hope it stays that way! Ours gets jumbled up and reorganized semi annually.
                      Last edited by jfmorris; August 27, 2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• troymeister
                        troymeister commented
                        Editing a comment
                        jfmorris ...Lol....The visible rack was a hard sell, but space is at a premium, and we have a whole ton of spices. The usefulness of having the main spices in the open is actually pretty amazing. She agreed as long as I was able to keep it somewhat uniform. We'll see what happens to the "somewhat" in the future.

Agreed with jfmorris We have a similar (possibly the same) rack but its hanging on the inside of the pantry door (if you can call the sorry excuse of space a pantry, but that's another issue). It was well organized at one time, but not as much now. Things are in more or less the right place though. And then the real heavily used stuff and the liquid flavorings are in a cabinet next to the stove. But good job and hopefully yours stay looking nice!

Comment

I am working in your direction.

Comment

We remodeled our kitchen a little over a year ago. Had one of the new cabinets set up with spice racks on the doors. The idea being open the doors and there are your spices all neatly organized and ready to go. Ha! Looks like a bomb went off in there. Not even worth a photo. Oh well. We tried.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          Rubs Promo
                          Meat-Up in Memphis