Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane preparedness 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richinlbrg
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to hear, lonnie mac ! Wish you’d gotten a bit of rain, but, given the choices, I’m happy you are good!

• lonnie mac
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks brother! No problems this time. Just some light wind and not a drop of rain I was hoping for! Dang Texas is scorching these last two months.

• richinlbrg
    replied
    lonnie mac , any update? You still OK?

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    good luck lonnie!

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have two of those H.E.B. Hurricane Preparation Briskets? Be safe! I’m a Hurricane Katrina survivor.

• THE Humble Texan
    commented on 's reply
    WHERE'S THE BEEF???

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    I have to keep reminding myself that this is a very fast moving storm. While as scary as Ike was.....and it did cause significant damage.....it moved on very quickly.

I just started putting some bottles of water in the freezer. If we lose power, I will move those to a smaller cooler along with some of the more perishable foods.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Slow it down plenty. I'm 145 miles directly north of ya, so just enough so I can ride bicycle the 0.35 miles to work.

• 58limited
    replied
    I live in Port Arthur, the current Ground Zero for landfall. Projected winds of 115 mph. I just fired up my generator, it works fine. Stocked up on beer, lots of home made mead, and refreshing my sourdough starter to bake bread when it is over. Bread was the hardest thing to find after Harvey hit our area. Two freezers full of meat, about 1/2 cord of oak and pear wood, and several bags of charcoal. I should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    very good, good reminder we all need to be prepared. Don't forget go-bags.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Stay safe to all.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I hope it turns out to be no-thing but a chicken wing. You got this!

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    Yeah, the next 48 hours are going to be interesting. Ike is my reference point. Lost my fence and the roof took serious and significant damage. Trees were a lot shorter then, though....I had them trimmed this spring so less branches, so that is good at least.

Everyone let's take our BBQ pits and put them in the garage. No need for my PBC to become a missile.

I'm getting quite concerned if the models don't seriously change by tomorrow around 10 am. We still could take an Ike-like hit. I'm prepped okayish for several days...not as well as I'd like, but nature throwing a major hurricane right in the middle of the first week of classes of the craziest Fall semester in history is just....well, mean.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Great to hear from ya Lonnie. Haven’t seen you post in a while.
    Stay safe my brother.
    My thoughts are with you these next few days. 💪

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Does look like your pretty organized.
    Will that building stand up to a hurricane

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis