Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N. Cal wildfires now 2nd and 3rd largest in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N. Cal wildfires now 2nd and 3rd largest in history

I had been planning on smoking some ribs this weekend but I'm thinking that right now that'd be mocking the gods.

The LNU fire is north of us, the SCU fire is to the east, and the entire Bay Area smells like the inside of my smoker. I usually leave the bedroom window open but had to close it this morning at 4AM. Because of COVID-19 we've been trying to spend more time outdoors; with this air quality we've got to stay indoors.

I have no words for those who lose everything to fire, it is a crying shame.
    Especially when it’s man made
    Take care and stay safe

Comment

I'm hopin' for the best for all of CA, and especially our left coast members.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        ComfortablyNumb - Wow - I had no idea there were that many active fires. And it looks like several of the CA fires dwarf all the others.

• tdimond
        tdimond commented
        Editing a comment
        There was some unusual lightning activity that started a lot of the fires around the Bay Area.

• Randy-Phx
        Randy-Phx commented
        Editing a comment
        I had no idea AZ had 34 fires burning!

Good luck RobertC . It's been bad here in SoCal, but nothing like you're getting up north. Keep safe and pray for rain.

Comment

Damn rough year. Happy to be retired from CAL FIRE, but still have that urge to want to help. That probably never goes away, but it's a young, at least younger, person's job and they will take care of it.

Comment

For fans of the 'Alaskan Bush People' I've been told their property near Loomis, WA has been destroyed by the Palmer Fire. Never seen the show myself.

Comment

“Trouble Comin Everyday”. And just wait it looks like a double whammy comin from the Gulf. Very interesting week. Hope for all, stay safe!

Comment

And now NorCal is expecting more lightning tomorrow and Monday. Great...

Comment

Don't even need to fire up the grill to smell smoke. North and south of me the fire by Mt Diablo is the closet, about 10 miles. ! SIL in the Santa Cruz mountain just south of the fire. 1 SIL just east of St Helena fire by Clear lake (lost their house 4 years ago in another fire). 1 Granddaughter in Vacaville and Son, DIL, another Granddaughter with 2 Great Grandkids next door in Dixon. Paying close attention

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Best wishes and thoughts to your family!

• Jim White
                  Jim White commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sending good thoughts. I have a daughter hanging out near Sacramento for another few weeks before the term starts for grad school at UCLA.

That is insane dealing with fire. I'm used to hurricanes.

Comment

Here's a shot of the Palmer Lake fire. Odd how such destruction can have some beauty....

Click image for larger version

Name:	6cef572d-e510-446c-ad65-80aba4518b39_1920x1080.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	900368

Comment

Both my sister's properties have been recently threatened in both California and Oregon. I'm getting alerts from PG&E about lightening and unusually dry conditions in the area my cabin is in. Meanwhile my aunt's house that burned down a couple years ago is almost rebuilt. I hope she's going to stay safe this year.

Comment

Pray.

Comment

We had a shocker of a summer over here with bushfires, there was people taking refuge on beaches and escaping in tinnies. Challenging times for all of us, stay strong guys

Comment

• FireMan
                          FireMan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Challenging, yup, very.

• Attjack
                          Attjack commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sounds like a nightmare. Stay safe.

Mother Nature will have her way.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis