Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Franklin's New Book vs Chris Lilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron Franklin's New Book vs Chris Lilly

Anyone care to express an opinion on Aaron Franklin's new book, "Franklin BBQ: A Meat Smoking Manifesto"? It sounds interesting to me, based on the Amazon reviews. I'm really not looking for recipes, per se, so much as "wisdom" on the art and technique of BBQ. Chris Lilly's book sound more like "history" stories and recipes, not many of which are authentic to the Big Bob Gibson restaurants. Any comments on either book would be appreciated, as would other suggestions.

I'm just itchin' to buy some dang book--now!

Huge fan of Aaron's book. Huge. I cannot comment on Chris Lilly's, haven't read it. What I really enjoyed about AF's book is that he's a great storyteller. He gives you the story, with novel-like narrative and humorous detail from his start into smoking, and his subsequent failures while learning on a COS, to the mastering of his craft (my words). It was very enjoyable. Then he goes on to tell you how he makes his brisket, from choosing meat to rub to cooking. He doesn't say his way is best nor does he imply you should do it his way, but he's sharing how he does it. I appreciate that.

Comment

I thought the Aaron Franklin book was interested and informative..I also like Chris Lilly's book as well.

Comment

If you haven't read it then I also highly recommend Peace, Love, and BBQ by Mike and Amy Mills. I love Big Bob Gibson book too. Hoping to read Aaron's book this summer.

Comment

I also enjoy watching Aaron Franklin videos on YouTube

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis