Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did you pay for fuel today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did you pay for fuel today?

I read a post a couple of days ago HouseHomey posted complaining about the price of gasoline in Surf City. While fuelling in Stevens County today I grabbed a shot of the sign at the filling station. Were I in the Okanogan I would have been paying an extra twenty cents or more per gallon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2799.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	897922

No pics, but today it was $1.76 at the Walmart a mile down the road.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      What!!!!

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes HouseHomey the average right now in Huntsville seems to be between $1.71 and $1.80. At one point it was down around $1.25 to $1.30, in March-April timeframe.

Considering my truck has a 34 gallon tank, the lower prices make a fill-up less painful. That said, right now most of the time we are driving my wife's Subaru Impreza, which gets 26 around town and 36 on the highway...

Regular up here in the GTA is hovering around $1.01.9 a liter in the morning as the day goes on starts to drop by 21:00 tonight could be had for $.96.5 a liter
    ....and don't even ask me what the conversion would be to US gallons never mind the conversion to Imperial gallons....
    I ain't gotta clue.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey He's using CAD. Convert that to USD and it's about $2.87 a gallon

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ At first I thought.. what does a computer program have to do with anything. Doh! Double 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• DiverDriver
      DiverDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb LOL that so reminds me.. we were a US company Traded on TSX. Paid dividend in US. I would have Chairman of the Board call me weekly and do the conversions for him. And TSX just to add to the problem they would not calculate yield on US dividends.

Last time I filled up it was less than 2 bucks a gal.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Wait! Shoot! I still need gas. I guess I’ll head over to Costco tomorrow and see how much it is in fountain valley, Ca. It closer to me than the HB Costco across town.

numb, I paid $3.55 I think.

For you specialty engineers out there we have a state of the art, waste water treatment, conversion thingy, make your water better plant on the HB/Fountain valley border. And a Huge VCA facility. Costco is down the block.

Comment

1.98 here in Omaha.

Comment

Buck Ninety Nine Friday Night after work,,,,
        Filled 'er to th rim, with Brim

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m a Sanka guy myself.

$1.72 was the cash price, but my gas card (BP) saves me 15 cents per gallon, so my actual cost was $1.57.

Comment

It’s about $ 1.74 here at the foot of lake Winnebago. I fill up about once every two weeks or so since the plague hit. Don’t drive much at all anymore.
          Last edited by FireMan; August 17, 2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Same Boat.

$2.45 a gallon.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Youch.

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ll take it!

$2.16 at Sam’s Club, $2.29 most everywhere else.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Itai!

We generally get ROBBED in SoCal! And taxes don’t account for the bulk of it...
          The excuses we get range from “it costs more to make it ‘cleaner’ than regular fuel” (not buying that excuse, seeing as by now...given the number of cars in CA...it should be cost effective, not to mention the amount that is pumped out of the state) or “heating oil in the east & midwest is causing an uptick” (wait what?), regardless it’s a LOT higher.

Last year, the California Energy Commission concluded that market manipulation may be partially to blame..but Covid-19 seems to have slowed down anyone taking up the findings.

I’m just happy that I get 35 MPG in my car and don’t pay for petrol in my pickup. (I can put 100k on that in a year.)

FWIW, I paid $2.80/gal on 12 August for regular.
          Last edited by surfdog; August 17, 2020, 10:21 PM. Reason: Added last fuel cost...

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            We get the same baloney up here, speculators buying in and controlling the market.
            Then there's the seasonal switch between summer and winter gas
            It's unbelievable

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Geeze man. Sweet deal on the truck. You should see some of the pricing on Beach Blvd (Highway 39 to the coast for you foreign folk)) I really don’t know how they stay in business.

Rand 14.88/L equates to $3.22 gallon and our petrol price is fixed. Only diesel pricing is not regulated.

Comment

Converting Ozzie pesos to USD and litres to US gallons has us over here paying $2.87/US gallon.
            Still 75% of what we were paying pre plague so all good

Comment

Paid $1.82

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis