Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don’t wanna say it’s hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t wanna say it’s hot

But ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	202F67D4-0FB5-473C-A817-B369C2B314FA.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	897452

We hit 100 today. It's going to drop down into the low to mid-90s over the next week or two.

Comment

We had 2 months of hot, June & July were way above normal here. We're normal now though, mid 80s. I feel for you all in the heat bubble over that way.

Comment

• Argoboy
        Argoboy commented
        Editing a comment
        As they say ‘is not the heat it is the humidity’. I have decided I rather walk the dog in the cold than in the heat.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Argoboy, Right. It's usually really humid here. 80-95% when temps were mid-90s for 2 months was brutal. Had to keep adding more hose water to the pool to cool it back down.

It's so hot, that I feel like I'm going through my own personal 'Texas crutch', trying to get my IT to 'probe tender'. I won't complain further, since others in southern California have it much worse.

Comment

Cloudy no rain to speak of and about 65 ish with a raw NE breeze. Should see the sun Tuesday with temps back to the 80's. It's New England.

Comment

Heat index was up to 115 in Dallas this week. Cold front arrived tonight it will only be 90 tomorrow.

Comment

100ish here in the Seattle area today. That’s hot here

Comment

Nothing but solid 90's here in the Denver area--both last week and next week--and dry. There are several forest fires west of town in the mountains and the smoke/ash is creating a very hazy atmosphere with pink morning light and orange sunsets. My old Subaru has a layer of ash on it every morning.

Comment

100 over here on the Eastern side of the state as well. The AC was working hard today!

Comment

I just got out of the pool after a long day. I can’t get my shower that hot.

80 something at the beaches here and in Newport peninsula. That’s hot for the beach here as you end up with a “feels like” that you dread.

Comment

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hate that, hop in the pool to get cooled down and refreshed and get boiled alive

Over here on the west side of the other Washington, we're not used to this stuff! We choose NOT to go to Arizona for this very reason.

96F in Des Moines WA today. At least being near Puget Sound keeps it a bit cooler.
                  Last edited by BruceB; August 16, 2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

104-105 in the shade of my front porch here In Wilson County, Texas, the last few days. Just lovely. Not much relief in the near term it looks like. August in S. Texas.

Comment

Heat index of 115 this weekend.

I didn't even need charcoal in the PBC to smoke these chickens.

We're at the time of the year where the 2 choices of weather are "too hot and hunid for words" or "hurricane".
                      Last edited by BFlynn; August 16, 2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Upper 80's here, dew points mid 60's. I'll never complain about that in August in the Ohio valley. And I don't think I've ever had such green grass in late summer.

Comment

• ecowper
                          ecowper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Holy cow, that’s nice weather for KY in Aug. It was not nearly that nice when I went to Basic Training

• HawkerXP
                          HawkerXP commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We just had a pretty nice weekend here as well.

You may have to enlarge the photo but let’s just say it’s hot!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• DiverDriver
                          DiverDriver commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ya but it is a dry heat. LOL.

• synodog
                          synodog commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lows in the 90’s...love AZ. Storm finally came through last night.

• Randy-Phx
                          Randy-Phx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And when you stick your head in an oven, it doesn’t matter what the humidity is, it’s hot. 🥵

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis