Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's doing what for the Fourth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    Absolutely!

I can cook hot dogs and hamburgers while 3 sheets to the wind.

• jayn
    replied
    I am making a "Wiindsor Loin"

It is a full pork loin with the ribs attached.

Cured like a ham, smoked, and heated with Cherry Sauce.

Should be killer.

Leave a comment:

• Yno
    commented on 's reply
    Succinct.

• Ernest
    replied
    I'll be DRUNK!!!

Leave a comment:

• Famous56
    replied
    first time in a few years we'll be in the country for the 4th. Cooking for about 20 adults and 10 kids, planning on brisket, pulled pork, wings, burgers, dogs, and some salmon. Hopefully I can handle it since I'm doing all the meat cooking. Everyone else doing sides.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    Normally we go to my parent's place "Up North" (it's a Michigan thing) in Boyne City on Lake Charlevoix. Normally it's me, the wife, our 2 boys, my brother and my parents. However, my wife's parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this year so they are taking, my family and my brother-in-law's family (twin boy and a girl age 22) on an all expenses paid Alaskan cruise. We are coming back on the 5th.

Leave a comment:

• Yno
    replied
    We usually don't travel on the Fourth anymore. We used to go camping, but all the amateurs kind of ruined it unless you went into the wilderness (which Ynette doesn't like if she can't wash her hair!). But this year we are going to Benicia, a small town on the San Francisco Bay, to watch the fireworks. San Francisco itself is usually foggy and the shows are somewhat drab and crowded, but we lucked out with a cencelation at our favorite B&B right on the water, so we decided to go for it. They have a torchlight parade on the third, and a big party in the park Saturday before the fireworks. maybe they will have some barbeque there!

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    Burgers, Dogs, Ribs, Giant ABTs made with Anaheim peppers

Love to make my own hot dog buns... maybe Wartface will help us with a cool easy to make recipe
    Last edited by smarkley; June 13, 2015, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    I will be doing a Cajun Shrimp boil and a couple of PBs and beer. There will be horseshoes, badminton and croquet and beer. When the sun goes down we will light up the sky and drink more beer.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• carolts
    replied
    For the first time in I can't remember how long we will not be home for the Fourth. We'll be in Chicago with thousands of our closest friends for the Grateful Dead shows...

Leave a comment:

• Usernamevalid
    replied
    Nothing.

But the 5th...now that's different!

My daughter is home from school in California for the first time in two years. Her brother is currently in Alaska out in the Aleutian Islands for work. The company is flying everyone home for one week. It'll be the first time they've seen each other in two years. Add to it she graduated, and my older daughter graduated from nursing school.

I'd say a party is in order, we have about 40 people coming.

Pork butt for pulled pork, burgers and dogs, but I'm doing all the cooking. I am going to run the smoker for the butt, the Weber for the burgers and dogs with the gasser for a backup, and the old charbroil offset for roasting corn.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Act now and teach them the ways of the meat thermometer and properly-cooked burger before they ruin them!

I work that weekend. So I will be NOT partying. It's ok though, 2.5x pay for the holiday hours.

Leave a comment:

• boftx
    started a topic Who's doing what for the Fourth?

Who's doing what for the Fourth?

I live on a cul-de-sac (about 10 homes) and we're planning for a block party. I'm going to do a pork butt (10 - 12 lbs.) and a couple of racks of St. Louis ribs. A couple of the others are going to use gas pits to do burgers and dogs.

What are your plans?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis