Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welp, There's yer problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, There's yer problem...

So the car had been idling weird for a week or two with no indication as to why except for a weird clicking noise, which conveniently went away when the car was in park. But Wednesday the check engine light came on, which, cool, I'll get out the code reader this weekend and see what's up. Thursday: Start car, put in drive, engine dies. Repeat a couple of times. Fine, not going to work I guess. Get the code reader and.... (P)1259 VTEC System Failure.

Boy, that sounds fun.

So I get out the manual: check this electrical stuff. Ok, get the multimeter, walk to the liquor store in 95 degree heat to get a dumb 9V battery so the multimeter works. And... everything checks out. Manual "Hook up oil pressure gauge, run engine, note pressure, yaddayaddayadda". Kinda hard when the damn thing will barely idle. Manual "It could be this filter is clogged, but probably not"; YouTube: "Yo, dawg, if the solenoid fires it's either the oil pressure switch or this filter's clogged. Yo,Peace out!".

It's the filter. The filter is well and truly clogged.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5218.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	896767

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5220.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	896766

For some reason Amazon can get me a new gasket 5 days sooner than AutoZone and for a third of the price O'Reiley wants.

Anyway, after mucking about in a space meant for someone with much smaller, less arthritic hands, the car works again.

This is all on top of running out of propane 30 seconds after throwing some bacon on GriddleBot, waking up to an email "Yeah, the grain you ordered so you can brew tomorrow? Mill broke, can ship from Bay area, be there tuesday", and having to dump 300 gallons of beer down the drain.

Been that kind of a week.

Not your weekend to buy a Lotto ticket either....................

Comment

I feel for you. My fingers just aren’t as nimble as they once were so many tasks take longer than they use to.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Plus 1

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh that’s what it is. Funny how these fingers make me walk slower, limp and sound like pop rocks.

I'm confused as to why not being able to brew means you had to dump 300 gallons of beer. And that's a LOT of beer.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going to guess. They are separate incidents, delayed grain means he can't brew, a previously brewed batch had to be dumped. He works in a brewery, so he deals in large volumes. Or, I could be completely wrong.

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^^ This is correct.

Wow. My truck was skipping and having changed plugs, fuel filter and oil filter recently, not sure what could be wrong that was cheap. Turns out the air filter (which was changed with oil) had some major leaf fragment accumulations b/n the "fans" of the filter (big round dude). Solved.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        And you’re taillights work great!

You need to change your oil more often

Comment

Been that kind of a week.
        Boy Howdy!!!!

Comment

Like when I ate one too many slices of pizza - this too shall pass.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            I wasn't aware one could eat too many slices of pizza. I thought proper etiquette was to eat until you either ran out or couldn't get another one in.

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            ComfortablyNumb - reminds of an old story attributed to Yogi Berra. He ordered a pizza one time and the waitress asked if he wanted it cut into 6 or 8 slices. He replied that he wanted it cut into 6 slices because he didn't think he could eat 8.

smokin fool Crap! You have to change that stuff.

Ditto on that kind of day(s) and I just paid $3.59 a gallon for gas.

I’m standing there ticked off cuz of my day and noticed the price. I said to myself “self, Oh hell no!” Stopped the pump immediately at $20.22 and angrily drove off thinking.... “That price for gas? Well, I showed them!”

so now I still need gas.
          dammit!

Comment

YouTube....where we go to become experts on everything!

I’ve done more home improvements over the past 5 months then I’ve ever done.....all using YouTube!

glad you got it working so you can drive to liquor store to buy a celebratory beer!

Comment

300 gallons of beer dumped? That deserves a moment of silence at the least. What is this world coming to? They're dumping beer! I haven't had a beer in 18 months, I stopped to loose some weight. Today is my 68th birthday, I'll be having a beer or two today!

Comment

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like alcohol abuse to me!

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Right, richinlbrg. Also, beer should always be recycled!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis