Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else ....

Got a damn hound that eats everything he can find? Tonight it was a whole raw ear of corn that he swiped off the counter. This is what he didn’t manage to eat before he was caught by my wife.

Click image for larger version

Name:	211A8CF4-598D-4868-920B-44CBCDDA1F00.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	895928

LOL!

Had 2 hounds like that- full blood husky and then a husky-lab-catahoula mix.

My current lab is an angel and she all but types a letter asking permission before eating something...

Comment

• DiverDriver
      DiverDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      Sisters black lab would eat a dime as it was falling to the floor. Never outright stole food but drooled at attention if any food was out anywhere just waiting for opportunity to knock.

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      For those I’ve met, When it comes to eating:
      Chocolate Lab= Cookie Monster

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      PolarBear777 yeah, Dunkin is a chocolate and he is the most food motivated dog I’ve ever had

Ha...we lost a whole sweet potato pie once.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      A month or so back, it was a pound of bacon

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      He only counter surfed that one time. I think it gave him such an upset belly he learned his lesson.

Our dachshund eat anything they can reach. Fortunately they have limited range...... But you better not leave a plate or cup unattended

Comment

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Floor sharks.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shoot low boys, they're ridin' Shetlands..

I once had 7 step-kids.......

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Heavy man. I felt that hard.

No doggies in recent years : On my list fer a few down th road, an git to retire...

But: try a cat what can git on top th icebox, an is smart/slick enough to open drawers, cabinet doors, an I've caught him tryin to pull open th icebox door, a few times...

Comment

• DiverDriver
      DiverDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, our cat would come popping out of cabinets and drawers scare the bejesus out of me... and always first thing in the morning.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      DiverDriver lol yup Smokey does them same antics, always good for an impromptu cardiac stress test

Was visiting a friend before COVID. Went inside to chew the fat a bit. Came out to my ve-hicle and told my buddie that I ha somethin for him, it was a whole package of jalapeño/sausage sticks. Looked in the front seat & there was an empty wrapper & the Derbster lookin so pleased to see me. When we got home, Derby sorta laid around all night with the “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing” look. Didn’t get sick, but the recovery from the lethargy was a good day & a half.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Derbster!

A long time ago we had a dog that ate two rising loaves of uncooked dough. For a couple days she was sick as a dog. Border collie. Smartest dog we ever had.

Comment

• DiverDriver
      DiverDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      apparently not that smart....

Has anyone else ate dog biscuits?

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh. 🕶

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Are we gonna see a thread for "things you can make with dog food"? I wouldn't be surprised.

• zzdocxx
      zzdocxx commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, 50 or so years ago. Purina.

Alpo too (I think it was horsemeat).

I can sympathize with this.

We had a Dalmatian named Annie when the kids were young, who was the ultimate food thief. Worst example - I had just grilled 5 ribeyes, and made plates for 5 - salad, baked potato and steak laid out on plates on the kitchen counter - pretty sure they were pushed back from the edge too. The doorbell rang, it was a neighbor. Got back to the kitchen 2 minutes later - couldn't have been any longer - and there were 5 plates of salad and baked potatoes, and a little grease on the kitchen floor, and a guilty looking dog. To add insult to injury, about an hour after I fed the family Domino's pizza, she threw up all that steak, and I got to clean it up.

She also swiped a whole pound of cooked bacon off the counter one Saturday morning behind my mother's back when she was here watching the kids while we went on a cruise.

Fun times, and makes me glad we have shorter dogs now!
    Last edited by jfmorris; August 13, 2020, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Opportunity knocks but once, lol!

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Annie is my spirit animal

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      She couldn’t eat just one.

They don’t eat em anyways, they inhale em.

I had a pan of cornbread on the stovetop that I was snacking on over a couple days. I thought my son was also picking at it but being sloppy with his fork and leaving a bunch of crumbs behind. I later figured out those "fork marks" were teeth marks from my border collie nibbling at it when nobody was around. I was a little disappointed and disgusted to learn those fork-marked pieces I kept squaring off and eating recently had dog lips and tongue on them.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t ya just love dog lips. 🕶

Okay, okay, okay...

Harley was nabbed by my wife - he was abandoned at a house for sale and fed by the grounds crew once a week. He had never had a bath, been in a house, been for a walk, been in a car, he didn't know any words. He was around a year old, and 35 lbs underweight. I thought he would die.

(btw, it took him a month to learn his first word)

I had him two weeks, was grilling steaks, and he walked by the kitchen window as I looked outside. He was carrying a steak, and his head still had smoke rising from it. I let him be.... he earned it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley Sweatshirt 1.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	896036

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had several rescues. They may start off slow, but once they realize that they've found love and care, they become the most loyal friend you could ask for. I truly believe that rescues feel gratitude.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bkhuna Absolutely - Chance had 4 owners before me in one year. He ABSOLUTELY knew he was adopted, and after ~ 9 months, he made sure he showed us in one way or another how appreciative he was almost every day.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      We’ve had the Derbinski 13 of his 14 years. He was found at a year & the H.S. had him for about a month. Even after good care he was still skinny as a rail. He now eats everything in sight. Loyal, it’s his middle name.
      Last edited by FireMan; August 16, 2020, 10:25 AM.

Had this one lab mix. Ate the rusty old full grease can off my old gasser. Never had an issue.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I totally forgot that. Dunkin figured out the grease trap on the Hasty-Bake. I catch him with his head under the grill cover pretty much daily

I had a counter cuisining Dalmatian.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris Counter cuisining I think is in the breed and not limited to the kitchen counter, but extends and anything they can find. Some of their choices are disgusting.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      LA Pork Butt one time I thought the dog was dying because of bright crazy colors in her poop when cleaning up the back yard. Looking closer, I determined that she had eaten a box of Crayola crayons...

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris It sounds like normal Dalmatian behavior.

In recent weeks Dunkin has eaten
    • an ear of corn
    • a pound of raw bacon
    • 3 tomatoes and a nectarine, including the pit
    • the bones from two T-Bones that I was going to use for beef broth
    • half the green tomatoes in the garden
    • about a pound of chicken feed
    That's what I remember at this point, but I'm going to keep a running diary now

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan yeah, he totally passes on anything that is not a vegetable or animal product.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan my wife reminded me that back in May Dunkin snagged about 30 chicken wings off the trays before going in the oven.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      30, I say, 30 Chicken Wings? Lil Dunkin had one clucking party there. 😳

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis