Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just on the weird side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just on the weird side

Killing time waiting for my appointment to go inside my local bank to access my safe deposit box (stay safe, stay healthy!), I went to the World Cost Plus Market in the strip shopping center next door. My purpose was to pick up a bottle of Japanese mayo as I was out, and saw this on the way out that I had to take a picture.

Anyone actually has one of these, or seen in use?

Click image for larger version  Name:	CB4FF839-366D-4C5F-8339-041D0CCFA964.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.24 MB ID:	894496
    Last edited by DJ DeSpain; August 10, 2020, 06:24 PM.

Nope, haven't tried, but seen em done fer fondue, an chocolate, afore...

Comment

So, does it get spiked?

Comment

For the man you has everything, but shouldn't. LoL

Comment

Makes me shudder. Reminds me of the chocolate fountain at golden coral and how damn disgusting it must be, lol. I guess for private use this isnt so bad but still...

Comment

Something similar used to be (maybe still is?) the rage for serving punch at weddings. Not remotely my cuppa tea, but apparently it's hot stuff for other people.

Comment

Here it is in action.

Comment

I’d wait for that thing to be on clearance because NOBODY will buy that.

...and even when it’s on clearance, it shouldn’t be bought.

Comment

I can't imagine the mess during the use and during clean up, or do you just trash it and by another.

Tempted to get one for my sister's wedding.

Comment

I would like it somewhere else, but not for me.

On second thought, it’s probably not very sanitary. Too many fingers and mouths. So, no, not even somewhere else.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think there is a mention of "no double-dipping" in the instructions.

If we didn't have @DJ DeSpain's picture taken in a store, I'd assume it was a "commercial" from SNL or a similar program. We had a chocolate fountain for one of our kid's weddings, which never worked all that good. The consistency of the chocolate needs to be just right.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Editing a comment
                      Mmmmmmm boiling chocolate!! Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Boils

• Bogy
                      Bogy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jerod Broussard, actually, it's more like the Chocolate River in Willy Wonka, where Willy talks about how it's got to be just the right consistency etc. (in at least one of the iterations). Has to be warm enough to flow, not so hot it gets to thin. In most cases, at least BBQ sauce does not form a hard lump when it gets cold.

• Jerod Broussard
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, all of the barbecue sauce that I put on ribs I put on cold at the end of the cook. I wonder if one got a Chocolate Boil if they could just cut it off and eat it, Staph beware!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis