Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fessin up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fessin up.

Somebody, actually two somebody’s, one of em bein Panhead John, has been buggin me about my avatar. Well, it’s time to come clean. I have alluded to it once or twice afore, but it is not a picture of me. Some of you may remember my old avatar, that wasn’t me either: Click image for larger version

Name:	77C44749-CB81-4526-89FD-E963BF4F4FF4.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	894281 it really is John Astin from a movie by Gary Marshall titled the Tales of Evil Roy Slade. Astin starred in it as Evil Roy Slade, you could call him Evil for short. I & a few of my friends have watched innumerable times. It’s one of those movies that after seein it a few times you end up reciting the lines like The Bride of Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles or Princess Bride. So there ya have it, my avatar is not me, just one of my comedic heroes. Below is me. Click image for larger version

Name:	D584A4E7-D088-4E7A-AA5E-E2A10512BB53.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	894282

Oh come on! I don't believe it!

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, my wife!

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, the lovely Carolyn Jones.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Tish!!!! That's french.....

Wilson Wilson?

Comment

Thanks for your long overdue confession! Too many people on this site are hiding behind avatars and we have no clue what they look like. ( Maybe someone can start a new post, Current Member Photos, Me and my Grill). I knew right off it wasn’t really you, but it was bugging the hell out of me cause I couldn’t think of who it was. Even though I’d seen him many times on the Addams Family in the 60’s. Anyway, might as well keep your avatar. It would be too strange seeing something else there now. 😁
      Last edited by Panhead John; August 10, 2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        So are you sayin you look like a motorcycle? Maybe you’re one of them ‘motours’ !! I often dream about becoming a ‘grill tour’ !!!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman I see you wrote that at 10:35 last night. Now that you’re probably sober, what the heck did that mean? Moutours? Grill Tour? 🤔

• Rob Johnston
        Rob Johnston commented
        Editing a comment
        Real Genius--Highly underrated movie. Plenty of quote material there.

You can't BS a BS'er. I still see a mustache, and those eyes are hidden behind sunglasses.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Can’t fool you. 🕶

I doubt any movie has been recited more than 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'.

Comment

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Somehow I get the feeling that FireMan wouldn't go for wearing Tim Curry's makeup, high heels, and fishnet stockings. In fact we all might be happier if he sticks with Evil Roy Slade.

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        IowaGirl I dunno, FireMan might look kind of cute in fishnets.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        He does.

I knew exactly where that came from...one o’ my faves as well.

Comment

Never heard of that movie but liked all the others you mentioned. Now it's on my watch list.

Comment

After watching the trailer on Youtube, I gotta find a copy of this movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPITzDwH_K0

I like it that the shyster con man from Green Acres is the narrator...

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s right! It’s all coming back to me now, sometimes my brain is like the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles.
            Last edited by Panhead John; August 10, 2020, 01:34 PM.

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John just so you know I am not some weird Green Acres aficionado, since cutting the cord (actually ditching the Dish Network satellite dish) a couple of years ago and going to an antenna on the roof, one of the stations that comes in has nothing but old reruns, and Green Acres runs around dinner time... . So I may put it on once every couple of weeks.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            jfmorris I’m hardly one to be able to call someone ELSE a weird aficionado. 😂 In fact, in my short time here, you seem like one of the most level headed and sane people here! 🧐 Green Acres is nuclear physics compared to some of my shows.
            Last edited by Panhead John; August 12, 2020, 11:51 AM.

Sean Astin's adopted father. You should be proud of the influence you had on that young man who was not only a football star but also a hobbit. (Boy do I wonder about the conversations y'all had while he was growin' up that led him there...)

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            And then:
            Club Member = regular member
            Charter Member = someone who joined in our first year, July 2014 to July 2015
            Founding Member = someone who joined in our first month, mid-July 2014 to mid-August 2014
            Free Trial Member = as it sounds, someone in a 30 or 90 day trial
            Former Member = someone who cancelled or whose account expired
            Banned Former Member = someone who broke our rules despite urging otherwise and got booted.
            Banned Spammer = Booted for obvious spamming, zero toleration policy.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Huskee That was a very quick reply. And informative for me. I noticed you had a section, Banned Former Members? How close am I to being on that list? 😂 ........ I think you should start a post titled “Banned Former Members and What They Did To Get Banned!” That would be among your most read ever! 😉
            Last edited by Panhead John; August 12, 2020, 03:14 PM.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John You're right, that would be a must-read topic! But in all seriousness we don't like to dwell on the negative. Often several folks are aware of a member's trespasses well before they get the boot. We try to help those who choose not to follow our rules to appreciate the kind of forum that we are and to adjust their habits and behavior here before booting. But our toleration is limited, 3 strikes you're out, we have 16,000+ members who have a right to a peaceful experience here.

Haven't seen that one in years, might have to bump it up the list. FYI, my avatar is a stunt double I use to perform my more dangerous stunts. He's the town drunk and works for martinis and ribeyes. He's not much to look at and is otherwise pretty lazy as well as very opinionated. However, he is quite the know-it-all and has an answer for everything!! I think he's funny as hell, but he seems to constantly annoy my wife as she is in a perpetual state of "eye-roll" whenever he's around. What can I say, I guess I'm just my brother's keeper.
          Last edited by CaptainMike; August 10, 2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            You talkin bout me?

• Uncle Bob
            Uncle Bob commented
            Editing a comment
            Quite the resume'. Imagine what it will be when he aspires to Admiral.

Speaking of funny movies, funniest of all time was “Airplane“ ........Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
          Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked? .......Roger Roger!.... Don’t call me Shirley!
          Last edited by Panhead John; August 10, 2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Watched that two weeks ago, dam near split a nut laughing again.
            Peter Graves is the last actor you'd think of as comedic but he pulls it off.

The secret revealed. Finally!

Comment

I thought it was you looking at your BBQ.

Comment

Same thing. I don’t get it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis