Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is/has tropical storm Isiasis affecting you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is/has tropical storm Isiasis affecting you?

I hope everyone in the path is doing OK. There was supposed to be heavy rain and wind most of today, but it has already passed here.
    We have not found any damage yet although I haven't checked out the back of the property. I parked my truck in a different spot - we don't park vehicles next to each other when heavy winds are forecast. That should prevent one falling tree from crushing both vehicles. However, one decent sized limb did fall where I normally park, and it might have hit the hood of my truck just past the bumper had my truck been there. Some times things just work out...

Here in NE PA it has been raining for about 8 hours, with about 8 more to go. Heavy rain is forecast for this afternoon.

Comment

Glad you guys came out okay.

We got nothing here in Gainesville, although I did do some restoration of stormwater runoff control around our horse barn as the storm was approaching.

I worry about Wilmington. Looks like they took a direct hit from the eye last night. I haven't had the opportunity yet to look into how much damage was done.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm - I may see you there...

We had heavy winds and rain all through the night at the lake house Va / NC border. Looks like just a bunch of leaves to clean up.

Comment

The rain just started here in central NJ. Nothing crazy yet, worst is meant to hit my area around midday.

Comment

Pretty decent gusts still here in Va Beach. Have 1 box checked on the Gilligan’s Island checklist. No lights (power). Sunny as all get out though.
          Last edited by tiewunon; August 4, 2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Power went out here at the vacation house on the Virginia Eastern Shore early this morning. It woke me up when my CPAP shut off. We have very heavy winds, but not much train to speak of yet. We are under a tornado watch until mid afternoon. I was planning on rotisserie a chicken this evening. We'll have to see.

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Power just came back on! 😁☕

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              And went back out again 😠

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't worry, a rotisserie sounds like the electricity is going in and out anyways.

We had a direct hit from the eye last night in Wayne Co, NC. Highest gust was only 40-something mph and not many branches down at all. Wilmington got smacked around a bit, but thankfully it moved through so fast we don't have to really worry about long term water issues other than a few rando flash floods. I was kinda hoping we'd have a bit more wind to help the trees lose their weak limbs in advance of whatever else this season is going to throw at us.

Comment

Really good to hear that most everyone have just had minor if any stuff so far. Keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

Glad all is well. I’ve been through more than a few hurricanes, so I know the dangers.

Comment

Spoke with my mother this morning. They live in Wilmington. Said they slept through the storm and my stepfather was out cleaning up and picking up. Not bad at all. I heard Carolina Beach got hit pretty good.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                    ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    my job does the maintenance for Ft Fisher, there's quite a bit of storm debris and a few downed lines, but I think they'd all take that any day over the flooding they got last time

• Hulagn1971
                    Hulagn1971 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ItsAllGoneToTheDogs my wife and some family drove back from Kure beach last night. Oak Island got hit hard as well as Southport.

My backyard weather station recorded 58 mph gusts, same as our local airport. We had secured everything but the wind did decide to move my LSG Santa Maria across the deck and into the grass even though we had it in a protected area. It weighs well over 300 lbs.

Our area also experienced numerous tornados with trailers being tossed and roofs being ripped off.
                  Last edited by Donw; August 4, 2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I'm forced to watch 24/7 coverage of something thousands of miles away. But seriously I hope all those affected are able to come through it unscathed.

Comment

Hope everyone in the path is fine and whole. Meanwhile, we have had tons of rain, but we have had tons of rain for almost a year now

Comment

Rain wasn’t aweful but wind got a little nasty. A lot of downed tree limbs and power has been out since noon and as of 7 pm still out. The diesel genny is running smooth, sits for years but when you need it worth every penny.

Comment

• Donw
                          Donw commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Amen to that. When you hear it start and then the lights all come back on you know it was worth every penny.

• smokin fool
                          smokin fool commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My buddy got a natural gas powered genny, he swears by it.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis