Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid in My Family, Sure Hope Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid in My Family, Sure Hope Not

One of my sons may have been exposed to covid from his future father-in-law, who had tested positive for antibodies. My son recently developed a cough and called the doctor today. He got put in quarantine for 14 days and is getting tested tomorrow. He lives on his own and my wife and I haven't seen him for a few weeks.

Sure hope that works out okay for all of you!

Comment

Best wishes fer a Negative result!

Been nasal swab tested once, already, an lemme tell yall:
      It weren't any kinda Fun, at all, Nossir!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 30, 2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
        mrteddyprincess commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones are you sure that wasn't just a common Cootie test?

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Point, Brother...

I jus asked, an alla my Cooties unanimously answered no; Cooties Test is significantly different.

I'm well at ease, now...

Hoping for the best for your family.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Sums it up for me as well.

I've had a bunch of coworkers test positive. I was exposed to every single one, up close and personal, tested negative and haven't had any symptoms. Whew!

Guy just got back, he said it was like the cold for him, he got a lot of fence built on his time off.

Hot fluids helps wash that crap down.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that hot fluids thing is pure BS.

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard I'm agreeing with your buds who have gone through it on the hot fluids. What makes you feel better makes you feel better. Others opinions don't factor in.

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        NO!
        Covid has killed 155000 americans.. This is not just another flu and hot fluids won't keep you in the clear..

This is one time that a negative will be a positive.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        If only someone would have informed George Constana of that sooner.

That's really scary stuff. I watched (from a distance) two family members test positive, quarantine and go through those two weeks. One got a mild case, one was much rougher and while she wasn't hospitalized, we'll have to watch her for a while. Wishing your son -- and you -- a very easy time with this!

Comment

TJMagneto My best wishes to you!!!

Meathead, Huskee, Spinaker Look above. Jerod Broussard is giving false, uninformed COVID recommendations. THIS MUST STOP!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          Dude, it has helped some people. I'm not saying to stay away from the doctor and get totally cured by drinking hot fluids. My goodness, I didn't even mention essential oils.

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheef Do you ask your question with a straight face??????????? If you test positive, are you gonna cure yourself with hot liquids?????

I've no idea what "recent debacle" you refer to.

JUST ASKIN' /S/

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Willy, I didn’t read Jerod’s post as saying that it cured anything. I read it as the same way hot tea or hot coffee soothes a sore throat. I don’t think that is any misinformation.

My daughter had it in May. She used an Inspirometer, laid on her stomach a lot, tried to stay hydrated, etc. Hers was a mild case, but she would cough so hard and long she would start dry heaving. She drank a lot of hot herbal tea with honey, she says it helped with the soreness.

Hoping the best for your son and entire family. Negative is positive.
        My wife and I need to go for a test next Tuesday. Rules for an abridged quarantine to try again to go to Vermont from Mass. Vermonts guidance. Not the the brain scaper swab. Still not looking forward to it.

On another note, my wife told me Vermont is the only state that is green regarding cases and deaths. The rest orange (here in Mass) or red. Our town is ramping up. One of the highest increase in cases in the state. Oh so proud.
        Last edited by RichieB; July 30, 2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Th Swab ain't no kinda fun, at all...
          I git to do it again, here in a few weeks, as school gits ready to start fall Semester...

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, NJ here. Cases rising again. Looks like more restrictions will be going back in place.

Willy. Absolutely asking with a straight face. I'm on the warm liquids and a little rest side of things when it comes to Covid. We devastated the greatest economy the world h as ever witnessed over a new strain of flu.

Comment

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          Willy you are talking about the 74+ year old immunocompromised former stage 4 liver/colon cancer patient who had recently completed treatments? God Bless him, and all who have passed from the virus.He and many others were in high risk category and it is a shame. The flu travels the world in one form or another every year it got a bit of a publicity boost this year though.
          Last edited by Cheef; July 30, 2020, 08:30 PM.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          COVID is absolutely, positively NOT the flu. In addition, it happens to be MUCH worse.

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          Much worse? Well if you listen to and believe the MSM it might be but I wouldn't count on hearing the truth.

This is a BBQ site, mostly based on science and debunking things. One of the rules is no politics, and unfortunately the virus has become a political issue. While I have no problem taking extra vitamin c and drinking a hot pot of coffee and smoking to stave it off... I also know that's not actually effective until science says it is. But I also know I'm going to do all those things until science says its not (well except smoking, I know people mean cigs ((and I'll quit those some day)) but I'll never quite smoking food )

Comment

• rodkeary
          rodkeary commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          Certainly would be nice if there WAS reliable science regarding this so called pandemic. It seems the ''experts'' are more confused than Grandma would have been with her cure.

You and your family got this, stay positive and kick ass.

Comment

Hope everything turns out OK for you and your family. The uncertainty of what’s going on must be tough to deal with but we’re all sending you our best wishes.

And if you’re in this thread posting about anything other than support for OP maybe go post about ribs or chicken or something instead.

Comment

I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat and a little “juiciness” at the top of my windpipe. It’s gone now. (I probably got it from it being 93* during the day and I have the room AC set for 62* for sleeping.) But at the time my paranoia kicked in, and I got a medical order to get tested tomorrow before work. Again, now I feel completely fine, but there’s nothing like that health paranoia.

Comment

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              I get paranoid once a day (everyday) for 3 minutes. Nothing has come about it though. But know the feeling!

The current swab tests aren’t nearly as awful as the first gen. Basically, they just feel like the worst case of “I gotta sneeze” ever.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              If I gots to get it again I sure hope so.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              And they're faster too depending on where you live. We went from 7+ day turnaround to 2-4 hours. Although for a bit when things spiked back up it was taking up to 72 hours, but it's back down to the faster end of the spectrum.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis