Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dishwasher Hell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dishwasher Hell...

Day off during the week...What to do? Hmmm
    Decide to try and fix dishwasher that hasn't been draining properly for a few weeks now.

1. Disconnect power supply wires
    2. Remove drain hoses
    3. remove main water supply
    4. Forgot to shut off main water supply before removing (not good) Said "F" word a few times.
    5. Remove dishwasher.
    6. Discover there was mice in the house.(Disgusting)
    7. Say "F" word a few more times
    8. Clean Mice Mess (More Disgusting)
    9. Check all drain hoses from the sink back to the dish washer. (No blockages)
    10. Watch Youtube video on what to do next.
    11. Found and removed drain pump.
    12. Ah Ha! Discovered dental floss wrapped around the impeller.
    13. Say "F" word a few more times.
    14. Remove dental floss from the drain pump.
    15. Reverse process and reassemble.
    16. Attempt to reconnect power supply wires.
    17. Get zapped with 110V
    18. Say "F" word a few more times.

At least I didn't have to call a Repair guy...lol

I forgot I took a pic of the drain pump.

Click image for larger version  Name:	55636BD5-D124-4CAF-9E9B-2766754BDED1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.61 MB ID:	889264
    Last edited by troymeister; July 31, 2020, 11:22 AM.

LMAO!!!!
    Sounds like all day, every day at work for me!!!!!

Comment

No repair guy but you lost approximately 7.6 years of your life.
      Men typically live to 77 years of age so today cost you time you dust don’t have.
      The way things have gone with car repairs this week, which I have off also, I should be deceased by 8:47 in 12 years

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        I know what you mean, I always try to fix first before calling in a repair person. As far as cars..I just take them to my mechanic...I don't do cars anymore....

Good read enjoyed it.

Comment

I wonder which is cheaper - a trip to the hospital via ambulance or hirin' a repair man.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Up here in the home of universal health care....free

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          smokin fool Free, eh? If you believe that I have a bridge for sale you may be interested in.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          ComfortablyNumb You're quite correct, good catch, it may be free at the time but the sin taxes we pay on beer booze and butts more make it a multi million dollar drive

Please explain how dental floss ended up in said dishwasher? Not laughing at you but with you. I find dental floss everywhere but not in the dishwasher yet. Is this payback for teaching "good dental hygiene?" LoL!

What does get me is seeing all these floss / pick things everywhere on the ground.

Comment

• Dan Deter
          Dan Deter commented
          Editing a comment
          That was my first question as well! That seems a good answer...

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          HawkerXP - What are you doing creeping around my house . . . er, um . . . and car?

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Just whispering in your open window....pbc, pbc, pbc............ Dewesq55

Had a semi similar experience with the washing machine recently. My wife likes to use these color grabber sheets and they were getting sucked into drainage. Its no fun at all.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          10-4 my son had a baby face cloth go thru his washing machine got caught in the drain hose and blew it off. Basement floor was pretty clean afterwards.
          Lucky it didn’t screw up the pump or anything else

Hahahahaha, hilarious!!!!!

Comment

I went to replace one, this is about 20 years ago. Got it unhooked from the counter, pulled it out, disconnected the drain hose, about a pint of water escaped, and as it flowed toward my arm.....

BBBZZZZZZAPPPPP!

I was absolutely certain I’d disabled the correct circuit breaker. Which isn’t the same as actually disabling the correct circuit breaker. I mean, sometimes it is. Usually it is. Just that time, it wasn’t.

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a larger switch at the top of yur panel. If in doubt , flip the big one. Just sayin...

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            RonB , I used to do a lot of wiring. Got comfortable doing it live for most little jobs. Got rusty. Realized, no, learned I was too rusty to pull that crap when I was on an aluminum ladder, at a strange angle isi g a copper pipe as a headrest.

Now I use the main breaker.

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            @richinlberg - my first or second summer job, (too long ago to remember which - '62 or '63), I was an electrician's helper. I remember enough to work on 110, but I'm not touchin' 230...

That is so crazy! I went through two dishwashers in the house I'm currently moving out of and while we were removing dishwasher No. 2 that's when we find the hole behind the dishwasher where all the rats and mice were coming into the house.

That was two years ago and I have not used a dish washer since.

Comment

Thankfully I have never had to repair a dishwasher. God gave me two hands, and they wash dishes just fine. Any place I've lived that had a dishwasher it just sat there taking up valuable cabinet space.

Comment

Now I feel better about my broken dishwasher from last month. First I noticed water in the basement and thoughts it was seeping in from the outer wall which was weird since it wasn't the rainy season although we did have one hard rain. A day later my girlfriend came running out to the porch where I was social distancing over a whiskey with my buddy and asked that I come inside to see something immediately. I find water pooling under the dishwasher. So later that day:

1) Inspect the drain hose and find a crack.
            2) Walk to the hardware store for new hose find that they're out from a rude woman that worked there.
            3) Ordered a new hose from Amazon.
            4) Install it when it arrives 2 days later.
            5) Be thankful the basement isn't actually leaking.

Comment

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe you should have rode your bike to the hardware store...lol

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              troymeister It would take more time to get my bike out of the garage than walk!

As an amateur sparky I can sympathize with the shock. Anything plumbing related I stay away from. Occasionally I decide I can fix something myself. Usually I regret it and it takes a couple of years for me to get stupid again.

Comment

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              I had to have two finger tips stitched back on after an encounter with an ungrounded fridge.
              Wasn’t even trying to fix the darn thing either

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah that Shite (277) effakin HURTS BAD!!!
              So, Ready to try 480 yet lol????

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              It was 220 the next time.
              That one really stung, anyway no loss of blood or finger tips

Enjoyable experience (for me😊)

Our dishwasher never got much use time, if any over the last couple years. Then lockdown and during my sift and sort time I dismantled the thing just because I felt a need. Shocking I know.
            The pump I connected to a rain water tank that now feeds a small fish pond. The main stainless steel body I'm converting to a cold smoker for cheese. The rest I tossed.

Comment

19. Put on mask, get in truck.
              20. Go to Lowes, buy new dishwasher.

Funny read. You have more patience then I do....

Comment

• troymeister
                troymeister commented
                Editing a comment
                I would have done that except the dishwasher is less than two years old.

• DavidNorcross
                DavidNorcross commented
                Editing a comment
                Man that is not good. Sorry to hear this...

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis