Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A happy family is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A happy family is...

...based on the solid foundations of love, trust, and owning a plasma cutter. Now am I right, or am I right?

Bought a Victor Thermal Dynamics 12+ cutter today. Excited as a kid right before Xmas. This is gonna save me so much time! Will play with it this weekend, doing some trial runs. Time to get serious with my fabrication šŸ‘Š

Click image for larger version  Name:	3533031A-4204-4633-B995-F7643887C9E2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.48 MB ID:	885640

Headline: "Authorities searching for cause of massive Swedish power outage"

Comment

Congratulations, you will love it!! You will also quickly learn that when attempting any precise cut you won't want to sneeze Don't ask me how I know this.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol!

Sweet! metal working 201 look out.

Comment

Build away!

Comment

What compressor you have to push it?

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a decent size compressor w a 50 liter tank. It outputs 9 bars, the cutter needs 5-6.

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a compressor w a 50 liter tank. It outputs 9 bars, the cutter needs 5-6.

I'm sure there's no risk in your case, but let's just say that if I purchased one of those, my happy family would be making sure of the full inventory of fingers and toes in the family before and after each time I fired it up.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Iā€™m old enough to think safety first. All fingers and toes are still where they should be :-)

Dang, and here I thought it was a "little Henrik on the way" kind of announcement. Still, though, congrats. Not as big as if a little Henrik were on the way, but congrats nonetheless.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that would be something! Not gonna happen though, Iā€™m turning 50 this year, and my wife is older than me :-)

Does it cut wood?

Comment

• JimLinebarger
            JimLinebarger commented
            Editing a comment
            I think that would be Victor Thermal Dynamics Woodchuck and Beaver line.

That is so cool! But don't you need a big assed compressor to run it?

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I have one already :-)

Oh that is sweet !! What a fun tool. As much as I love to cut with a good old oxy/acetylene torch, nothing beats plasma !!!

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            To paraphrase: "They's No Place Like Plasma..."
            All I gots is a Gas Axe...

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
          Time to get serious with my fabrication šŸ‘Š

Click image for larger version Name:	3533031A-4204-4633-B995-F7643887C9E2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.48 MB ID:	885640
          Wait, I just re-read that. Seriously ?? What the hell do you call what you been doing ??? I count at least 3 cookers of late fabricated and cooking food !!!

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            That count is going to go up. Stay tuned...

Toys, toys, toys....
          Hey, why not, beats a hack saw any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
          Just remember: An unhappy family is when daddy spends all the milk money on tools.....oh, and that other stuff you said.

Comment

• wu7y
            wu7y commented
            Editing a comment
            I know all about hacksaws. Awhile back I posted "Tools in my shop" in this thread which included my definition of a hacksaw:

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle which transforms human energy into crooked, unpredictable motion. The greater the effort to influence its course the more unpredictable the outcome.

That's why I use my plasma cutter.

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha ha ha! Best definition I've heard in a long time :-) Plasma is the future, it seems.

Sounds like it might be getting to be time to build a 24ā€™ x 30ā€™ w / 12ā€™ hook height TOY BOX for all the goodies !!!!
          šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Might end up cheaper, jus to buy a CONEX box
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 25, 2020, 10:28 AM.

Not to be out done in the plasma wars I also purchased a plasma for the shop in Mexico. (used).

Also in the process of buying another welder for the shop as 1 mig is not sufficient. Miller Delta weld 450Amp. That machince can run at 100% duty cycle @250amp. (Can weld at that amperage with out stopping to cool down).
          Attached Files

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a bad-ass welder, for sure.

• wu7y
            wu7y commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. It's beast.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis