Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New toy FEC100 Cookshack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CandySueQ
    replied
    I have an FEC100 that was "born" May of 2004. Never had to replace the fan or the auger motor. Now issues with flaky electricity have caused board issues (I've replaced the board several times). But this is the old Traeger control system, not the Cookshack one.

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    replied
    I'm jealous. I have a cookshack smokette and love it, but would like something that will cook larger quantities. I'm not sure if I'd go with the FEC100 or an SM 160. They are both around the same price, & the SM 160 doesn't have moving parts like a fan that can potentially break down. Cookshack post pics of folks claiming all sorts of awards in competitions using the FEC100 smoker. Congrats on a great machine!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Since the family had planned
    That made me think of a quote I saw from Jim Shockey in a hunting magazine the other day, "You can make plans, but Man plans and God laughs."

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Nice post! Food looks awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I been eatin' protein all weekend, and now you gots me hungry all over again!!!

Congrats on the purchase.

Leave a comment:

• (Stephen)
    replied
    Forgot to post photos

Leave a comment:

• (Stephen)
    started a topic New toy FEC100 Cookshack

New toy FEC100 Cookshack

It finally arrived an unwrapped it yesterday. I did a 4.5lb brisket and two styles of beef ribs. I found some of the functions for the controller do not work as described, and will have to contact Cookshack to clarify those. They do have some presets for diff types of meats, though I used the temp probe. According to their presets the total cooking time for a brisket is 14 hours. First four are at 180 for adding the smoke, and the next ten at 225. Being a smaller brisket I assumed the time might be less. In hours 14-15 the temp stuck at 192 and would not rise from there, same for the ribs, that I put on to cook for aprox 5 hours. Since the family had planned on eating at a certain time, I went ahead and pulled them to serve. I did not wrap them at any point, nor did I allow them to rest for any time after I pulled them( crying family has no patience, next time I begin earlier, or tell them a later diner time) I am used to an offset smoker from Pitts and spits, and using mesquite wood logs. In the Cookshack I used mesquite pellets. I could not tell that they had been cooked using mesquite, and there was not the smokey flavor that I'm used to ( my usuall is quite smokey and lots of mesquite flavor ) the brisket was very tender, though not terribly moist, moisture I attribute to not wrapping or resting. The ribs did not have the same flavor I'm used to from my beef ribs, and not just the mesquite flavor,methought maybe that is the difference and I just don't realize it. More experimitation to come. I should recieve my karubecue C60 in two weeks, and am expecting that to give results more similar in flavor to what I'm used to, since it uses whole wood. I did enjoy the set it and forget it ability of the Cookshack, and after clarifying the controls, hopefully will have use of the full functionality that's its capable of. I also used Meatheads log which I downloaded from this website. This is the first time I have ever kept records of what I did, and how. I can see how this will help to identify the variables that have changed ( I know what I did today, but once I've slept the memory does get a bit fuzzy)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis