Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of those days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those days

The other day I posted in the what you cookin channel. I mentioned heading to Vermont to meet my 4 week old grand daughter. Saturday car packed to the the tilt. Food for the stay at the lake house and my wife makes a bunch of recipes they love for the house. And of course our stuff. About 15 minutes into the drive, a wining noise from the transmission. Luckily enough momentum to pull off. Thankfully shoulder was deep enough to be off the road. Locked in drive. Could not move shift. This is a Subaru Cross Trek. 2020, leased in March with about 800 miles, thank you corvid-19. Have Starlink road side assistance. Pushed button agent answered. Also fortunate dealer I leased from about 10 minutes away. Explained situation. Got tow truck dispatched to dealer. All our food and belongings in car. Called daughter who was on a little family hike. Stopped, back to house. Dropped kids and daughter off. SIL to pick us up. Had to wait on side of road about half hour till SIL showed up. To dealer. SIL unloaded car to his vehicle. I go into service. Confirmed they have all paperwork. Asked for loaner, nope. When will you look at it, sometime next week. Not a happy camper. Oh, yesterday was my birthday.
    So home unpacked and drank a bit more than usual last night.
    Today is my wife's B'day. Yea same age 1 day apart. My daughter and family came over. I grilled chicken hot dogs and hamburgers. 1st time they have been in house since February. Had a great time. My daughter has mastered the making of ice cream cake, She did not disappoint. I'll end with this. 2 of my 3 grandsons 12 & 9 love hamdogs. Ground beef rolled into the shape of hotdog. A stick of mozzarella chess in the core.

On last thing 2020 sucks.

Sorry, brother! It’ll happen!

Comment

Too much technology in cars today, give me an old Turbo350 any day.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooorrraaahhh!!!

It happens. Enjoy yourselves where you are. Nobody was hurt,

Comment

It doesn’t suck if you say it like Barbara Walters used to say it: Welcome to chwenty chwenty & smile as ya let people in yer life. Sounds like a great fam get together.

Comment

Sorry to hear of the bad luck. But, it still sounds like you still had some family time, plus you did not get too far down the road and be stuck someplace between home and the lake.
          Tomorrow I would reengage the dealer concerning the loaner.

Comment

• djl
            djl commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d be calling Subaru, if that dealer isn’t bending over backwards to make you happy! My dealer asks me if I need a loaner for oil change! And mine is a 2018 Outback (well the wife’s - mine is the 2009 Toyota)

I will be contacting dealer Monday. It was Saturday mid day. Just wanted to get home. Will make their lives miserable as needed.

Comment

That's tough, but it will get better.

Comment

I’m sorry this happened to you. I’m not gonna tell you to look at the bright side. I’ll appreciate the “Vent” as is.

2020 sucks arse.

How are the grandkids?

Love Hamdogs. You got me thinking. Been a long time.

I am happy you all were safe. Car things can get out of hand.

BTW Your pics aren’t showing. 😬😬

Comment

Ugh, that makes for a long day. Hopefully the dealer will get their act together.
                Happy birthday by the way.

Comment

Yup, Happy Belated Birthday, hopefully tomorrow will turn out better!

Comment

Didn't know whether to like the post or not, but you have every reason not to like the situation you found yourselves in.
                    Trust you put it behind you for you to enjoy your birthday.
                    Belated wishes to you and the wife.

Comment

As they say when life gives you lemons make lemonade. Sounds like the lemonade was pretty good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis