Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drowning in Ash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drowning in Ash!

Hello All!

Between my PK 360, Kettle and stick burner, managing the ash can be annoying sometimes but overall I don't mind so much. That said, I've noticed moisture can get trapped in the ash located in the firebox of the stick burner which is something I'd like to avoid. Has anyone ever used a shop vac for collecting ashes out of your pits? Or anything other than the usual shovels, brushes etc? Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is staying safe!

I vacuum my BGE, Weber Kettle, and Pellet Grill all the time. Of course I need to wait a day or more so there's no fire left but it works great. I just have a regular Shop Vac that has a Paper Filter BAG so the dust doesn't ever get to the main filter.

Comment

All use is a shop vac to clean my kamados and all of my other smokers. If fact, you want to get that ash out of there as soon as you can and it is safe to do so. Ash is corrosive.

A shop vac works awesome for this and it gets it really clean. Just make sure you have no hot embers. I will often run my hand through the ash just to make sure. And do not store the vac inside after you are done cleaning; give it some time just to be sure.

Comment

I have burned up a shop vac by being stupid, so make sure you wait long enough!

Comment

This one right here does great for keeping the ashes cleaned out: Bucket Head

This little guy doesn't take up a lot of space and is super easy to empty.

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, Donw. If I could change one thing, it might have a slightly larger diameter hose. But really, if ash is what you are cleaning up, it is completely adequate as-is.

• MTurney
            MTurney commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome thanks, Steve! Love the size

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually use a Bucket Head for my pellets and a regular shop vac for ashes.

I use a shop vac for cleaning my pellet grill. Never had a problem

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis