Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Depressing update on humanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depressing update on humanity

Im just deleting this...but not deleting because either i cant or cant figure out how to.
    Last edited by grantgallagher; July 13, 2020, 10:58 PM.

Everything is a thing now! One just has to live with it. Everything!

Comment

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep everything is a thing with someone now days.
      I'm kind of a retro man.
      I wear what I want, and a lot of times it shows support for the things I support.
      BUT!
      I also exercise my Constitutional rights at ALL times!

In the wise words of Metallica; "nomad, vagabond, call me what you will."

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s the new abnormal. 😔

Bass Pro Shop used to be HQd above the Mason Dixon line. So "Southern" isn't accurate.

Not sure where the Hq is now that they got bought by Cabela's......

Those kids need to get their bass pro history straight!

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually correction on that, I believe its the other way around. Bass Pro bought Cabela's

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman is right. It’s interesting on why Cabella’s was forced to divest itself & sell to Bass Pro.

• aladdin4d
      aladdin4d commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan the way I understand things is Cabela's had poor same store performance and a vulture fund, excuse me activist investor, bought a big stake and pushed for the sale.

Ignorance.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      We live in an ignorant nation at the moment unfortunately.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris , eh hum, world, yup world.

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      It reminds me of the old line, "What do you think of all this ignorance and apathy?" " I don't know and I don't care"

Hey. Even the Washington Redskins are Relinquishing their name. Seriously???
    The only way I see them being politically correct now is to name themselves.

Washington Football Players

You put any other name to them and someone is gonna have a problem with it.
    This has to stop. 🙄

Comment

• KenC52
      KenC52 commented
      Editing a comment
      Or perhaps the Washington Cavalry. After all the Cavalry defeated the Redskins before.

• 7pigfeathers7
      7pigfeathers7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Washington Gridlock.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      This would still be a problem. Dom’t know What they’ve been playing for the last 10 years, but it is NOT football!

Well, I haveta remain hopeful they'll be masterful basketball players, cause I reckon that it sounds like they ain't likely destined to be no Geography Majours...

Comment

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      My daughter decided to home school her children. One of the reasons was that the local school doesn't teach geography or civics any more. If you don't know where you are or how you got there the sacrifices you and others have made aren't understood or appreciated.

• KenC52
      KenC52 commented
      Editing a comment
      "Don't know where we are or where we are going, but we're making great time!"

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Or, as the late Professor Irwin Corey put it, “If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.”

Apologize for this post Huskee . Feel free to delete. I was just mad and venting a little. Mostly mad that kids have these kind of opinions today. I mean ive walked the dog this route 1000 times and nothing and then this...and im only 36, lol. I probably sound like an old sour [email protected]

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Bein Hated on, confronted fer simply existin, an mebbe walkin yer Dog is an issue. If I cain't go outside my house, walk around my Neighbourhood peaceably, summats broke in th System I risked my Life upon, to Preserve, an Uphold. Def Not Good, Grant. Def Not' Acceptable,' Learn To Live With It', neither. Not on My watch, Brother.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 13, 2020, 11:35 PM.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries- the whole "kids these days" things are often worth venting about. Let's just not let it get political or racial of our own doing.

Come to Texas!

None of that occurs with me, course I'm so ugly it helps deflect one's attention from my attire.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Right there with ya, Brother.
      I hit alla th branches on th Ugly tree, on my way fallin down from th Very Utmost Top Ones. Most folks initially choose to bypass, or over look me, which is fine. Th ones that persist, in an aggressive fashion, well, they certainly derserve summat, sez I, so they are duly awarded 1 Free Ride in my Brother's Limb Chipper, way yonder, out in th County.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 14, 2020, 12:10 AM.

• KenC52
      KenC52 commented
      Editing a comment
      With you Texas! Wearing a Trump 2020 Keep America Great cap at Albertsons in Longview a while back and a woman (not a lady) said "Fu## Trump." To which I said, "Send him a letter and make him an offer, but I think I'll stick with my wife.,"

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones , you fell out of a tree? Oh geez!

What did I miss ?
    Sounds like I’d be on board,,,,

Comment

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      I missed it, too. Something about getting verbally abused for wearing a Bass Pro Shop t-shirt maybe?

Probably good that I missed this one.

Comment

Call me what you want....meh....been called worse by better people.
      Mention my mother, blood shed.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I once mentioned on this site, in jest to a member that “his mother wore army boots”. He replied with the type & size of boots she wore. 🕶

grantgallagher If it happens again just tell them to stuff their bigotry and grow up.

Comment

At the risk of making everyone here hate me, I need to say that this thread is a perfect example of why we should not allow ANY political posts here. While grantgallagher 's original post didn't bother me at all, and I'm appalled at the reaction he got from the kids in the story, there were other responsive posts that made me pretty uncomfortable and I didn't feel it was appropriate to respond to them, which made me even more uncomfortable. Political posts of any nature inevitably result in "opinion creep" as the thread develops. Eventually someone will say something that gets under someone else's skin. Possibly that will be followed by an "amen chorus" of folks who agree with the "offending" post and . . . well, you get the picture. I'm sorry to be the sensitive wussy, but I love this site. And I love the illusion that we all like each other and get along. I really don't wish to be disabused of this illusion over off-topic stuff like this. Thanks for listening/reading.

Comment

• MTurney
          MTurney commented
          Editing a comment
          Preach...this is the one place we can go without political or social debate/commentary. Let's stick to cookin'

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          @KenC52
          I make it a point to hide my political views from this board. Jay Leno said once that his job was to see the humor in everything and if he revealed his political views, he messed up. Like you, one of my all time best friends and old Army buddy and business partner for 20 years was at the other end of the political spectrum (and, worse, a Steelers fan), but we had great times over the years laughing about politics and politicians.

• Driverdan
          Driverdan commented
          Editing a comment
          gcdmd now you got me fuming over the Steelers comment!! LOL

Dewesq55 why i wanted it deleted. realized about 5 mins after i posted it that it was just a bad idea and im sorry (if i did) tarnish the upstanding forum

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          grantgallagher - I don't think you tarnished anything. I just think, in retrospect, these kinds of posts, even if unintentionally as it was here, invite responses which can be problematical. I think it, in fact, did happen here, but I don't blame you for it. As I said earlier, I'm appalled by the reaction you got from the local youth.]

• Mojo0209
          Mojo0209 commented
          Editing a comment
          I understood your post, but I felt I had to bite my tongue. I enjoy the site and don’t need to offend anyone accidentally. I feel bad for your situation. Sometimes we need to vent, but sometimes we need a smaller audience to vent to. Why don’t we get to cooking something!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis