Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think you guys/gals might like this product...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you guys/gals might like this product...

You all know I bake bread in my Big Green Egg. I've shown picture of how I put a stainless steel mixing over my pizza stone to trap the steam inside the mixing bowl. I explained that I preheat the BGE, pizza stone and mixing bowl to 650°F and then reduce the heat to 550° before I put the dough on the stone. When a stainless steel bowl gets that hot time after time it gets carbonized and becomes uncleanable. The other day my friend Mary told me about this stuff she saw on QVC that will clean grills, smokers and anything that has a heavy build up of oils on it. I bought some just to try it out. This bowl has been dark brown for years. I sprayed this stuff on and let it sit for 1 minute and wiped it off with a wet dish rag. Wow! GP66... This stuff is magic! I cleaned all of the gunk off of my BGE by spraying this stuff on it and wiping it off with a wet dish rag.
    Last edited by Breadhead; June 5, 2015, 10:56 PM.

Thank you, Wartface! Just ordered a bottle. It'll be interesting to see how it works!

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      @richinlbrg... Money well spent! You will have fun going all around your house, car and garage cleaning up stains you've not been able to remove before.

This will make your stainless steel BBQ grates look brand new. I did have to scrub harder on the SS grates but they looked almost brand new when I was done.
      Last edited by Breadhead; June 7, 2015, 12:26 AM.

Wow, that stuff sure did a great job, Wartface , it must be caustic as all get out to work so quickly. Did you wear gloves?

Kathryn

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't wear gloves. Maybe I should have but both hands were drenched in the stuff and I washed them good with soap and water and it didn't effect my hands at all. See post below about its rating and approved use.

This stuff is a grill master's dream cleaner and if your cars engine is dirty use it there too.
      Last edited by Breadhead; June 6, 2015, 10:52 AM.

According to the GP66 web site, it's safe to use on everything from your neighbor's semi truck to your cat's butt. Approved for use in food prep too. Kind of expensive, I can see using it for those once a year cleanups or tough jobs, like the bowl in wart's post, but not for everyday.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      This stuff is absolute magic! I've had a stain on my white refrigerator door for 2 years that I could never get off no matter how I tried to clean it. I sprayed this stuff on it and gave it 1 minute and wiped it with a wet rag... Poof, gone!

My friend Mary who is a QVC addict bought some. She has 2 Masterbuilt electric smokers in her back yard that are 3 years old. They had NEVER been cleaned except for the cooking grates. She sprayed the stuff on it and gave it a few minutes to do its thing. She wiped her smokers down with a wet rag and they looked brand new. All the black on them was gone.
      Last edited by Breadhead; June 6, 2015, 03:17 PM.

Interesting. How does it do all that and remain safe?

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm smoking a chuck roast along with 3 racks of last meal ribs. I think I'm going to dry brine them all and then use Memphis Dust on them all too.

Will that 2.5lb chuckie finish sooner or later than the ribs?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wartface, probably later. It's not getting it to temp that takes long, it's holding it there to make it shreddable.

Do it exactly like you'd do a pork butt timewise, except a bit longer at high temp.

For instance- I take mine into or past the stall before wrapping, maybe 170-180. Wrapping is pretty much mandatory for chuck roasts. Wrap whenever you choose, when the bark is where you want.

Take it a pinch higher than you would a pork butt, say 207-209, then try to hold it there an hour. Then let it wane, faux cambro style or still on your cooker. Give it another hour at least. So you have rise to wrap time, wrap to target time, hold at high temp time, and then the normal hold.

I used to use a cut of meat called, at my store, "petite roast" which is actually a flat iron roast where the flat iron steak comes from (infraspinatus). It's chock full of marbling, looks like a big prime steak kind of. Those I treated exactly like a pork butt in every way except not a sweet pork rub. Beef prefers peppery rubs like BBBR or similar. You may like Memphis Dust on it, we're all different...but I wouldn't recommend it.

When I attempted this with my first actual chuck, Pit Boss suggested I do something similar to the above, and it worked beautifully.
      Last edited by Huskee; June 7, 2015, 04:58 AM.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee. Thank you, thank you, thank you for you valuable imput on mastering a chuckie cook. I'm going to postpone my chuckie so I can mix up some BBBR before smoking it.

And it's been around for 30 years. Can't believe we've never heard of it.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm think their marketing and distribution systems are to blame for that. The only place I've been able to find it is on QVC. Amazon has a product they call like GP66. That stuff should be everywhere.
      Last edited by Breadhead; June 6, 2015, 03:17 PM.

• Usernamevalid
      Usernamevalid commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like better marketing an distribution would help control the price too. Then again, maybe that's the plan.

The different uses for this product as listed by the manufacture...

http://gp66.com/home/home_uses.htm

Comment

In for a gallon!

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL. Well I already have generic spray bottles, so the gallon seemed the way to go

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        @Pit Boss... $30 is a good value. I just cleaned the bottom of my pots and pans with it. Magic I tell ya!

• Moscuba
        Moscuba commented
        Editing a comment
        They have 55 gallon drums; go for it!

I'm in for a quart to start with

Comment

Seems the best price is here: http://gp66.com/Secure/order1.htm A gallon for $29.95. Not sure of the S&H

Much cheaper than the QVC price of $24.97 plus $5.00 S&H for a half gallon
        Last edited by FLBuckeye; June 6, 2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Good fined @FLBuckeye...

Now everyone will be able to keep their SnS's shiny

Comment

Wait a minute, this miracle product sounds like work.

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Squeezing a mister and wiping things with a wet rag can be a real challenge after to many beers Huskee.

I did use a wire brush on an old SS grate though that was completely black. I didn't get it to look brand new but it was greatly improved.

I took this over to my son's house tonight. We got his 8 year old Stainless Steel 4 burner gasser looking almost brand new though. We even polished it off with a stainless steel cleaning compound when we were done. That 8 year old gasser shined.

One other use for the magic juice...

Comment

I use a hot water heater drain pan with hot water and Dawn to soak my grates. Going to substitute the GP66 in lieu of the Dawn. Should be interesting

Comment

I ordered some GP66 over the weekend. Looking forward to using it and thanks everyone for letting us know about this!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis