Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Ingredient Storage Containers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Ingredient Storage Containers?

Let me start by thanking Big Easy My order from Mount Hope Wholesale came yesterday and I am hooked!!!! What a fantastic site!! However now that I have this great purveyor of bulk dry ingredients and spices, I need a proper way to store them. What does this group use to try and keep spices and things like Beans and Lentils fresh and properly stored?

Thanks in advance. And below is a pic of my first order.

Attached Files

We use containers made by this company https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They have different sizes and shapes.

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you...I will check these out.

I have a chamber vacuum sealer. I would take some out, put it in small jars for use, and then reseal the rest in the bag it came in as they appear to be vac sealed. If you can't fit a CVS in your budget, I would just go with glass mason jars. If you have access to carbon dioxide you can flush the jars before filling.

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis