Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on that last trip to Midland and Loving County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on that last trip to Midland and Loving County

(Stay tuned for bad news and some good news) Well I did my business trip and flew IAH-MAF staying in a hotel 3 nights (no maid service). One of the guys who flew with me ate at the airport restaurant with the great unwashed all maskless of course. (90% of the passengers wore masks properly with 10% either showing their noses or had them under their chins. Drove all over Loving County (population 191) and office meetings the next day flew home crack of dawn Friday. BN Sunday, the guy who flew out with me got sick. BN On Tuesday he finally let me know that he had tested positive for Covid. With no symptoms, I begin quarantine. BN My wedding anniversary and 4th of July BBQ plans ruined.GN I waited till 9 days after exposure and took the PCR test (the more accurate one) and 52 hours later got the results---negative. BN family still hacked off about the inconvenience and anxiety and I still have to quarantine one more day.

Y'all be careful out there

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture1.png Views:	0 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	876738

Glad you escaped without a positive test.

Comment

Wow. Sounds like a near-miss. You must have done a good job of being careful.

Comment

Thanks/ I did wear the mask a lot but I think luck had more to do with it than anything else.

Stay safe out there

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          Luck is good.

Stories like this one keep my butt firmly where it has been for the last 4 months.

Comment

So glad to hear that you didn't get the virus. But you absolutely did the right thing by quarantining. Thank you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis