Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nipped in the bud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nipped in the bud.

I have not been cookin much of late, not that anything I do amounts to what some of ya’ll do around here. I have been a caregiver for my wife goin on two years & lately the ante has been raised almost simultaneously with this COVID thing. Not only full time care around here, which sorta limited me to cookin about 1 1/2 times a week ceptin breakfasts & such & then I maneuvered adeptly & fell off my bike, skinned every right side appendage & cracked a rib. I have not given up cookin totally 😊. There are some pics of a cook the other day just before my meetin up with a train, or so it feels. Don’ laugh at the Lodge & those two patties, yes I bought premade burgers which I do about once a decade. Thinkin about roastin some coffee beans tomorrow if I can bend over, otherwise it will be the day that I can. Click image for larger version

Name:	C9C35276-5B83-4111-8BCA-D52489FB554E.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	876434Click image for larger version

Name:	364C6038-680C-4D54-A6E7-8E7D87DC9BDC.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	876433Click image for larger version

Name:	40C2C1E8-F447-493D-AE52-6F3922CE9C69.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	876432

Sorry to hear about your mishap but glad you are mobile enough to get outside and enjoy cooking on the Lodge.

Comment

Looks great. I love roasting coffee. It's easy, saves money and is better than what you can get at most coffee shops. Use a Gene Cafe and get green beans from Burman's, Bodhi and Sweet Marias.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my beans from Cafe d’ Art in Waukesha Wi. I visited my friend who owns the coffee shop. He roast there also & blew my mind with 50# sacks. I am trying organic Honduran, organic Costa Rican & an Ethiopian bean. I will do individually first before trying to blend. I am excited about it.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        You had me at Honduran and then again at Ethiopian, FireMan. Glad you're mostly alright, btw.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        We love Costa Rican coffee, but can't get it around here any longer. We switched to organic Sumatran and are liking it fine.

Nothin wrong with burgers and dogs!

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Brats, this is Wisconsin. I guess I could find some dogs somewhere. 🕶

Sorry to hear about your accident. So much for the adage that you never forget how!
      I can relate to the caregiver situation, my wife has Alzheimers. Limits activities tremendously. Add that to getting old and............

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, it is rough, but it’s what I signed up for. I pray everyday that I don’t mess things up, cuz I have a track record. Feel for ya man.

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan You and me both (track record)

That's a run of real life right there. I used to say bad luck, but it turns out that life isn't always kind, and luck has little to do with it. Glad it wasn't worse and you are still mobile. Sending good vibes your way.

Comment

Ouch! Take it easy and don't overdo it.

Comment

I love that little Lodge. Every time I see one in the store I'm tempted. It reminds me of an old Hibachi I once started grilling with myself. And oh yea it was hamburgers and hot dogs along with an occasional rib eye.

Hope things go better for ya going forward FireMan , your contributions here make this an interesting place !!!

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, I think you just cost me money. I didn't know such a little grill existed... now added to the watchlist for sales. Don't need it, but the wife can't complain if I buy it accounting for how small it is (not a knock, it's perfect for occasional charcoal meals for 2! which is perfect for me)

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup it’s good. Yer an accountant eh? 👍

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              Accounting for a smaller savings by the week, this place never helps

Yikes! Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations. Hoping all improves for soon.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately this is the long haul. Thanks.

Great cook man! I love that LSG!

Comment

Looks tasty! I hope you get some rest and feel better soon.

Comment

hopefully you dress to the left

Comment

Give up the bike and stick to the stagecoach.

Seriously, Fireman, take it easy and get well soon. Like many others in The Pit, I've been there with the sick spouse situation and sincerely feel for you both. My little (er, petite,) wife is doing well now, thankfully. We go to M.D. Anderson later this month for a regular followup on her lymphoma.
                  Last edited by gcdmd; July 7, 2020, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, pullin for you to.

I’d eat it,,,,
                  rest easy and stay strong

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis