Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Charlie Daniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Charlie Daniels

We lost a legend today at age 83. RIP Charlie Daniels...

Sad news indeed 👎☹️

Comment

Comment

Too bad, great musician, his talent covered many genres of music.
        He will be missed.
        The devil has gone back to Georgia
        For good

Comment

Oh man, really sorry to hear. Definitely a favorite of mine...fiddlin' man.

Last concert I actually went to of his was way back in the late 1970's. He performed and it was great. I was with a couple of my crazy buddies and they insisted we crash the party backstage after the concert, apparently Charlie had quite a reputation for back parties. Well somehow one of the guys managed to sneak in but the other two of us had to stand in the wings waiting for the lucky one to re-emerge. All of a sudden the doors burst open and out struts Charlie Daniels with a babe on either arm !! He somehow sees me off to the side, I just tipped my rather large cowboy hat. He pauses and says something to the girls, comes over to shake my hand and complements me on said hat. I thanked him and off he strolled with his two babes. Oh and all the party crasher got was one drum stick from the drummer !!

I'll never forget Charlie Daniels, may he rest in fiddlin' heaven.

Comment

Well, I think we all know that at least the Devil doesn't own his soul. In fact, I believe he is sawing on a golden fiddle and playing it hot at a Heavenly Hoe-down right now. I did have the pleasure of sitting a few stools down the bar from him at the old Hopland Brewery many years ago. He was playing at the nearby Konocti Harbor Resort and he and a few friends stopped in for a beer or 5 or 6. They all seemed genuinely nice and signed autographs for any who cared to bother them. RIP to a great American Patriot.

Comment

He was a great man and musician and will be missed.

Comment

Oh good Lord one of my heroes coming of age in East Tennessee in the mid to late 1970’s used to travel to the Volunteer Jam every winter to take it all in before Nashville (among other venues) became Nashville. Also remember a remarkable concert in the wilds of Central America with a USO tour back in the lost days between V’nam and the ongoing current “altercations/wars” God Bless brother and rest easy you have done your share and then some

Comment

Truly a legend, who I only had pleasure to see in person once, 1980ish I guess. I wonder if he is in a playoff with his fiddle now?

Comment

A legend and true patriot! We need more like him...

Comment

He was a great one, and he will be missed!

Comment

I can envision Charlie taunting the Devil with his fiddle from the Gates of Heaven. Gonna be missing him.

Comment

I had no idea he was in his 80’s. RIP, Charlie

Comment

Always been a CDB fan. The only time I have done karaoke was to "Devil Went Down to Georgia", apparently my Air Fiddle was a hit.

Never saw him in concert but hearing of his passing did make me think of someone I did see in concert and one of his signature songs...the late great George Jones and "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxHjRqnY7zA

Comment

I am deeply saddened to hear of his passin...

Charlie was certainly a Major Influence on Murrican Music, an a Great Inspiration, to many of us. I sincerely like to believe that mebbe, presently, him an our own local Legend, Billy Spears are havin quite th fiddle hoedown, even as we sit there, an commemorate their Lives.
                              Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 7, 2020, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              Rubs Promo
                              Meat-Up in Memphis