Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Small Silver Lining in the Covid Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Small Silver Lining in the Covid Storm

Border closed = No American cottagers up here.
    No American cottagers up here = No July 4th fireworks.
    No July 4th fireworks = No severely stressed out dog last night.

Yes, I feel sorry for both the Americans who are unable to enjoy their cottages this summer and the businesses in our village that are suffering. Still happy for my puppers.

Happy belated Independence Day, eh!

Thanks for the well wishes. It's always nice to stay home and celebrate the 4th, IMO, with family, friends, etc.

Glad your pup had a peaceful night.

Kathryn

Comment

pkadare , I’m betting you are glad for the peace and quiet, not just for your fur babies!

Comment

Cottages? Shoot, how about home? It seems fireworks are on a big rise since there is no “public” firing of em. So everybody & their cousin is blowin em off right next door. The Derbster is afraid to go outside late afternoon on. In the house at night he is in full terror. And it will probably go on for another few days to a week.

Comment

It sounded like a firefight here last night, lasted about 90 minutes from right before dusk until after 10PM. I didn’t really mind, but it was notable.

Comment

Pretty sure there was a reenactment of WWII in our neighborhood last night. Armistice a little past 11.

Comment

My dogs are all really good with fireworks and thunder thankfully, but I still wish people would take their illegal fireworks to a big open field... Wifes brand new car has burnt firework residue all over the paint (won't come off, gonna have to wetsand), same with my truck but can't see it too bad on the truck. Got loads of firework paper, sticks, and other debris all over the yard. And I'm not the biggest fan of things that go boom unexpectedly these days

Comment

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

I typically hit the bed by 4 a.m. and WW3 seemed to have ended pretty early last night. Yet another reason not to work days and have to be in bed by 6 p.m.

Comment

I'm curious as to where the U.S. cottagers get the fireworks? Certainly they are not sold locally and I would think they are something that would be restricted at the border..

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smuggle in fruit baskets, fuel tanks and under motor homes.

• pkadare
                  pkadare commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are indeed sold locally.

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Always stopped at Pedro's South of the Border on trips to Florida to load up on fun.
                  Just can't find M-80's up here.
                  Was never asked once about fireworks at the border when coming home even though one errant spark would have left a knee deep crater.
                  It was always about booze and butts.

Tried to find a spot fer this pic. Figgered fireworks was appropriate. Click image for larger version

Name:	8004DBEA-C70A-4BA4-BDA0-8BF1B79615A5.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	921289

Comment

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd be short....

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think that sign has been at my hangar men's room the last 10 years. Only just invisible. Come on boys! Put it IN the bowl!!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis