Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effect of The Pitmaster Membership on my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effect of The Pitmaster Membership on my life

After procrastinating most of last summer, I joined The Pitmasters October 30th of last year, just a little bit late in the season for the northeast. But I read a lot over the winter, and reading led me to thinking, and thinking led me to getting more involved.

Siince I started participating here, I have cooked more often, both indoors and out; I have tried more new recipes, ingredients, and ideas; my results have improved, and in a couple cases exceeded my expectations; and my enjoyment of cookiing hass increased exponentially.

I have always associated cooking for my family with love. My most vivd memories of my mother are of me sitting in the kitchen with her while she cooked dinner for our family, and before she died she wrote down her recipes for her favorite meals and gave them to us, my sisters and me. Getting better at cooking is like getting better at sharing my love with my family.

Mosca my experience here mirrors yours.

Comment

Well said!!

Comment

Mosca stories like this make my day.

Comment

What Ernest said!

Comment

Agreed, Mosca - same here!

Comment

I also agree - Mosca .

Comment

Mosca I agree too

Comment

Yep Pitmasters has made me a better lover for sure.

Comment

• ontheranch
                    ontheranch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    rofl

Well said Mosca... I think the Pit and everyone that contributes to it are better off for sharing with others. Share some of your Mother's best recipes with us. We'll cook them in her honor.

Comment

I got broke and fat, but with 2 daughters I didn't have much of a chance not being broke anyhow.

Comment

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You don't see it now but your daughter's will someday be your savior's. It's a very good investment to nurture them into becoming strong independent women.

• _John_
                      _John_ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wartface If they don't kill me first! It is pretty tough cutting out the stuff they are taught by her peers. Can't play with this because I'm a girl, don't need that because it's for boys etc. I can guarantee they will know how to grill some meats.

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      John ... It's your responsibility to limit peer pressure... Teaching values, giving them the true feeling of what is right and wrong will give them the stength to tell their peers... No! I'm not going to do that.

It's a suttle process... If they think you are teaching and training them, they will resist. If they think you love them and want them to be proud and strong, they might work with you.

I have 2 daughters that are in their 40's... They are both strong INDEPENDENT women, good mothers, that don't allow their husbands to walk all over them.
                      Last edited by Breadhead; June 5, 2015, 12:23 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis