Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions related to outdoor kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions related to outdoor kitchen

We're building an outdoor kitchen and I am looking for a high-quality countertop insert with two burners and a 2-foot wide flat grill (griddle). Thought I'd check with the experts before I buy something that won't work. Much thanks.

This topic is so full of information it is hard to pin point what is works. Do you have a designer or are you doing everything yourself? There is no perfect outdoor kitchen. It all depends on what you want to do outside. I thought I wanted a prep table but I live in NW Florida and it is too hot to prep outside. You need to decide what you actually want to do outside.

Comment

Hi, Guy. We're building a large outdoor kitchen with numerous built-in features (egg/ceramic smoker, oven, gas grill, sink, refrigerator, etc.) and need to add a combo 2-burner/griddle insert. I found one at a restaurant supply place for $1,800, but that's a bit more than we wanted to pay for such a simple device.

Comment

I don't believe you'll find much for less than that. Indoor products, or regular residential would not be suitable for outdoor use, and that price seems reasonable for outdoor equipment. I would ask first of this is designed for outdoor use, as regular restraunt equipment may not be designed to take the humidity and dust that an outdoor unit will have to endure. Most outdoor products would have to be two separate components to offer those features, and cost more than you listed.

Comment

The magic words were high quality. $1800 does not seem out of line. I am working on my outdoor kitchen and have been contemplating a griddle top and burners also. My budget is very small and i have been looking at the Blackstone griddles and will have to look at burners separately.

They make other sizes but i was looking at this one.

http://griddleguru.com/28-cooking-station.html

Amazon also carries them.

Comment

What is your budget? If you want not only "high quality", but shiny stainless steel matching equipment, then as you likely know, most outdoor kitchen manufacturers offer a variety of ancillary equipment to compliment their grill lines. What brands have you looked at thus far?

Comment

• Eggman
              Eggman commented
              Editing a comment
              I was looking at spending $1,000 on a 2-burner with small flattop grill. Thanks for any suggestions.

What brands are you currently considering?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis