Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hoard outdoor cookers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else hoard outdoor cookers?

This evening while mowing and weed eating the yard, I realized I may be a hoarder of cookers. I have them strategically placed in hopes of not getting rid of them. I have an offset smoker, a pellet grill, an electric smoker, 2 charcoal grills and had a gas grill but gave that away to a friend (it was pretty much new). The better half said I need to continue to get rid of stuff, but it sure is tough to cut loose with my stuff. Thinking I may give a charcoal grill to the new neighbor as I’ve watched him grill on what I call a tailgate grill. I hated that electric smoker from day one but I’m keeping at least 3 things. Unless I go out of town for work and she gives more of my stuff away.
    Last edited by JustKyle; July 4, 2020, 12:50 AM.

Originally posted by JustKyle View Post
    This evening while mowing and weed eating the yard, I realized I may be a hoarder of cookers. I have them strategically placed in hopes of not getting rid of them. I have an offset smoker, a pellet grill, an electric smoker, 2 charcoal grills and had a gas grill but gave that away to a friend (it was pretty much new). The better half said I need to continue to get rid of stuff, but it sure is tough to cut loose with my stuff. Thinking I may give a charcoal grill to the new neighbor as I’ve watched him grill on what I call a tailgate grill. I hated that electric smoker from day one but I’m keeping at least 3 things. Unless I go out of town for work and she gives more of my stuff away.
    Welcome to the world of MCS and GAS. My name is Tim and I have a bad case of GAS.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200703_233254.jpg Views:	0 Size:	403.2 KB ID:	874632
    Last edited by TJMagneto; July 4, 2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Don’t get it. I need every one of my 15 cookers. Don’t recognize myself at all in your description, no sir.

Comment

Whatever you do, keep at least one unneeded cooker around to "sacrifice" when it's time to add a new one.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that’s good thinking!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang dang good tip, especial of ya have an SO who is also th CFO...
          Rock On, Brother Steve R.

Let’s see, kettle grill acquired in 1978, electric smoker that has not been used in years, square vertical charcoal smoker in the back corner of barn. Akorn metal komodo style grill, rusted out Smokey joe, 2 large reverse flow smokers on trailers, propane griddle, combo charcoal-propane grill, numerous grates that might see use again someday. (Too good to throw away) vacuum sealer, sousvide, meat slicer, large grinder. Traeger grill on loan from my son. I have no idea what you are referring to. Looking to acquire a gravity feed charcoal smoker, and build a covered patio on rear of garage for cooking under. This syndrome you refer to —— how can it be a problem?

Comment

As long as “they” are strategically placed as you described, yer OK!

Comment

I don't understand this thread at all AND I'm not going to try to understand it. Huskee maybe you should delete this posting.

Comment

If you asked my wife, she would say yes. I only have 3, though. Traeger pellet, Yoder pellet and a combo gas/charcoal dual grill. Looking to get a 36" Blackstone griddle if I can find a place to hide it where she won't see it... lol.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Have/love th Blackstone 36", not sure if they make a camo cover, or cloakin device fer above an aforementioned griddle.

If'n yer Missus ever seened how much smoke, mess, an odour th Blackstone takes out of doors, why she'da already bought ya one, mebbe fer father's Day...

She needs to git with th Program, sounds like lol

Does she have a current calendar ???

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Just strategically place it & you’ll be ok!

I only have 15 out front, two in th motour garage,
              an two out back...
              well, there is th three inside th house, as well...
              Plus th two what ain't been unboxed yet..
              Reckon I can quit anytime, though... lol
              Hoarder????
              PAH, sez I !!!!!! Ya should see me Stratocasters lol

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmmm
                I'm comin up with 24 (disclosed) cookers, as well, reckon we both deserve a celebratory bourbon.
                Not yer thing?
                LMK, I'll gladly take the hit on this one, Brother lol!

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm a bourbon guy, but a little early in the day for me. But then again, it's noon somewhere!

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Woulda been 25, yestidday, (temporarily) but th seller fell out...:sad: 16" Horizon Classic $400, had it set up fer a week...He decided not to sell it. Took th mag outta my 1911A1, had th cat hide it lol (This oughtta go Well)
                To maintain "Balance", an pay it forward, I was gonna gift one o my Precious, to neighbour / Pit Member at Ricky deliberately not taggin him, on accounta I already told him th tale, long bout 0530-0600 this mornin, when I was out burnin down a Cancer Stick.
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 4, 2020, 09:10 AM.

I was reared by depression era parents, so every time I plan to get rid of some junk (odd screws, left over plumbing parts, lumber, etc.) I hear the voice of my father saying you my need that one day boy. I’ve used an occasional odd screw. I live two blocks from the Home Depot, so to help with the problem I put $200 of cash in an envelope to replace anything I get rid of and need later. I haven’t replaced anything yet, and I still have the $200. But, I am still trying to get rid of stuff. It is easier to get rid of stuff if I can find a good home for it rather than the trash heap.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm in the same boat. I've got my fathers, his fathers tools, nuts, screws, bits and pieces of metal ..................... I'm NOT moving them again.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Same same boat we're sailin in, Da was borned in '22, Ma, in '33... learned me many a thing from their experiences, I can safely say... HawkerXP

Hmmm, with only three coolers I am but a mere grasshopper. Promise to try to do better

Comment

Think cookers...

Go to 1:15 fer the important stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7f6HiQ2LuU

Comment

Just a Hoarder WannaBe here at 3 (pellet, gasser, flat top). SWMBO and smallish backyard set the limit, so to get one, have to lose one. So cruel...

Comment

Yes, but I use them all.......so that makes it okay.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I likeys that rationalization very much, may I borrow it LOL???

If all the cookers are the same you may have a problem and be a hoarder
                    If all the cookers are different you have a COLLECTION that could be irreplaceable !

Comment

• Greygoose
                      Greygoose commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mr.Bones,,,,
                      As long as they have different attributes, as dimensions, color, Slight to minimal modifications that make them however slightly different,,,ur good to go !

• swartzster
                      swartzster commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like the way you think

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Greygoose I truly appreciate yer workin with my Madness, Good Sir lol!
                      Yer actually quite eloquent, amigo...

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis