Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Itch You Just Can't Scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    I’m a little tired of ribs, butt, brisket, etc.
    So, what time is yer Doctor's appointment??? Sounds SERIOUS!!!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Here, as well...way to roll!

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Your normal. I anticipate that you will soon be thinking about the acquisition of another cooker and new methods and tools with which to cook large chunks of meat to go in your newly acquired refrigerator and freezer! 😃😉

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    I may not smoke every weekend but I’m planning my next smoke daily

Leave a comment:

• SmokingPat
    replied
    Originally posted by NPJ77 View Post
    Still very new to smoking, and the Traeger is still super shiny, and I have absolutely no reason to smoke a large piece of meat this weekend, but I want to, I may even need to......

Does this hankering ever subside?! What's your go to item when you're just smoking for the sake of it? What's always in the freezer ready to go?

Is it normal to start considering a second fridge/freezer in the garage just for meat?!?!
    If I don't want to smoke a piece of meat, then I'm planning on charcoal grilling. And if I'm not planning a cook, then I'm researching recipes & marinades. A never-ending quest.
    Last edited by SmokingPat; July 3, 2020, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• theroc
    replied
    Don't fret over smoking too much - just share with the neighbors. We have very happy neighbors....

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    I keep primal in deck. I have a dedicated deep freeze chest, stand up fridge freezer combo, and an aging fridge in the garage. You name it, I have it frozen at least.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    replied
    Chuck roast is about my absolute favorite thing to smoke. I had to upgrade my freezer this spring as our old one wasn’t big enough. To be fair you couldn’t put a 10-12 pound packer in it without folding it into a s L and nothing bigger than that. For me, the cravings fade in and out, Between the pandemic and testing 3 grills a few months ago and repeating the same menu over and over, I’m a little tired of ribs, butt, brisket, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    IMO Mr. Bones Rules clearly sez:

Wantin to smoke a big ol honkin hunka meat, at any given time, is a sign of normalcy / good mental health.

Gotsta have a meat freezer, fer when pork butts go on sale fer ¢99/lb., etc.

When I smoke fer th sake of jus smokin, be pork butts, ribs, chuckies, in that order

Th Hankerin never subsides, in fact it will increase, exponentially, as ya travel down this Path...

Oh, they's Plenty other Rules, but these adequately cover yer present questions....

• smokenoob
    replied
    I thought a freezer in the garage was mandatory for entry into the Pitmaster Club! Well you are in now so get that garage properly outfitted!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    What He said...^^^
    I will not elaborate at this particular juncture, due to rigid time constraints...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    LOL True Dat, be pickin up another cooker today, things go as planned...

• NPJ77
    replied
    If any of you are wondering what that noise is, it’s my wife rolling her eyes as I read the responses.

pork butt and tri tip are on the list!

bought a couple of racks of baby back just to keep me ticking over!

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    Originally posted by NPJ77 View Post
    Still very new to smoking, and the Traeger is still super shiny, and I have absolutely no reason to smoke a large piece of meat this weekend, but I want to, I may even need to......

Does this hankering ever subside?! NO

What's your go to item when you're just smoking for the sake of it? Can't decide, usually grab something on impulse but pork butt is always a winner

What's always in the freezer ready to go? Too much to list

Is it normal to start considering a second fridge/freezer in the garage just for meat?!?! YES
    Last edited by 58limited; July 3, 2020, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    replied
    Just lean in to it! You're not any crazier than the rest of us. Smoke half a pork butt (3-4 lbs) or a chuck roast if you have the itch to smoke a hunk of meat that takes a long time. They're both delicious..... actually, you should smoke both at the same time.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis