Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Itch You Just Can't Scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck roast is about my absolute favorite thing to smoke. I had to upgrade my freezer this spring as our old one wasn’t big enough. To be fair you couldn’t put a 10-12 pound packer in it without folding it into a s L and nothing bigger than that. For me, the cravings fade in and out, Between the pandemic and testing 3 grills a few months ago and repeating the same menu over and over, I’m a little tired of ribs, butt, brisket, etc.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m a little tired of ribs, butt, brisket, etc.
      So, what time is yer Doctor's appointment??? Sounds SERIOUS!!!

I keep primal in deck. I have a dedicated deep freeze chest, stand up fridge freezer combo, and an aging fridge in the garage. You name it, I have it frozen at least.

Comment

Don't fret over smoking too much - just share with the neighbors. We have very happy neighbors....

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Here, as well...way to roll!

Originally posted by NPJ77 View Post
      Still very new to smoking, and the Traeger is still super shiny, and I have absolutely no reason to smoke a large piece of meat this weekend, but I want to, I may even need to......

Does this hankering ever subside?! What's your go to item when you're just smoking for the sake of it? What's always in the freezer ready to go?

Is it normal to start considering a second fridge/freezer in the garage just for meat?!?!
      If I don't want to smoke a piece of meat, then I'm planning on charcoal grilling. And if I'm not planning a cook, then I'm researching recipes & marinades. A never-ending quest.
      Last edited by SmokingPat; July 3, 2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I may not smoke every weekend but I’m planning my next smoke daily

Comment

Your normal. I anticipate that you will soon be thinking about the acquisition of another cooker and new methods and tools with which to cook large chunks of meat to go in your newly acquired refrigerator and freezer! 😃😉

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis