Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug-a-Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug-a-Salt

Yeah, I know it’s been mentioned!

Here’s the lowdown, for those who are curious.

The smaller the bug, the more effective the weapon is at range. You got a big fly, you’d better be within two feet. But a mosquito at four feet is toast.

Don’t bother trying it on wasps. It just annoys them. Unless you are 6” away. Sometimes you can get that close.

If you get one, spend the extra on the laser sight. It is a riot. You put that spot on the fly that has finally landed, and... poof!

I got mine at the end of last year, and now I’m getting to have some fun with it. Orange Crush edition 3.0.

Click image for larger version

Name:	120C5A09-5CD8-463B-A3E9-755C6FF6278A.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	869040

Use it to season meat too... And slugs have no chance. Great for when your wife's bare rear end is sticking out of the covers too, just make sure you have a rapid evac helo already spun up and waiting...

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      That new knee hasn't been broke in yet? Bogy

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter, I had 41 staples taken out of my knee today. Using a cane for "long" distances, hobbling without for shorter trips. Running...not so much.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Now this is funny

I love mine. It’s 5 or 6 years old. Whatever the first year was my son gave me one. It’s a blast! I keep it at the ready!

Click image for larger version

Name:	A2E7C300-0B75-41A2-83A6-43FD2F0AF317.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	869053

Comment

Does anyon know how it works on those big cock roaches that occasionally sneak into the house?

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty sure it would just piss off a big cockroach. Might even just annoy it.

• Greygoose
        Greygoose commented
        Editing a comment
        For them you need a 45

• wu7y
        wu7y commented
        Editing a comment
        That's for sure! Coming from Wyoming I didn't know squat about cockroaches until I got to Taiwan. Shared an apartment with friends. Second floor outside balcony with heavy blackout drapes covering the door. Saw one of those damn things run up the curtain from the floor and it about shook the whole curtain. I wasn't about to get close enough to catch it but I'd bet it was close to two inches long not counting the antennas or whatever they were sticking out of its head.

One of my kids got me one of those a couple of years ago, and while I usually keep it in my home office, I probably used it to surprise the dogs in the den more than shoot bugs. They usually don't know what stung them, and from a distance its not too bad.

Comment

Rock salt loaded 12gauge works too.

Comment

maybe bacon bits could bag a squirrel and brine it for cookin’?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis