Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armenian BBQ Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armenian BBQ Article

https://theweek.com/articles/916717/...an-countryside

I live in La Crescenta which is part of Glendale, CA. Glendale has the largest Armenian population outside of Armenia. I have been to some great Armenian BBQs. A lot of fun and a lot of alcohol. Great food and great hosts. Brought a six pack to a party I was invited to and my friend was mad that I brought my own alcohol. When they started to bring out the hand guns, I was done.

Comment

• Arsenlael
      Arsenlael commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoa!

Thanks - that's a fun article. I had the pleasure of visiting Yerevan a number of years ago for a conference, just a couple of years after the break-up of the Soviet Union. Our hotel was one block away from what we were told was called "khorovats" street. It was lined with small grill restaurants, many that appeared to be in private homes. But each one served fabulous grilled meats and vegetables. I was stunned by the remarkable food there, especially the wonderful fresh vegetables and fruits. I had no idea! Our local friends told us that since the break with the Soviets, Armenia had lost many of its markets for food, so there was an abundance in the country.

Comment

Great article

Comment

A very enjoyable article, many thanks fer postin, Brother.

Brought back some golden memories of unnameable places...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis