Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you save bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you save bottles

Click image for larger version

Name:	A6FFE74E-0C93-4AE1-9A1E-D4D7681EACE9.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	865248

Since I have found this web site I make all of my own rubs, sauces, marinades and hot sauces so I save bottles both glass and plastic. Here is a picture of my collection from our cold storage space under the front step. Does anyone else do this?

I save some, but you are in a league of your own.

Comment

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I like to make hot sauce and cowboy candy and I give a lot of this away so I keep bottles of all types.

Looks like my recycle bin! except mine is full of empty beer and wine bottles

Comment

I usually buy them. Condiment bottles, shaker bottles, and Mason jars.

Comment

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        This is what I do too. I bought a large quantity of 8 oz (I think it is at least) glass swing top bottles. They are pretty good for barbecue sauces.

And then if I really like someone I give them a ~20 oz Mason jar ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too. I just bought 48 - 5oz. hot sauce bottles for some home made tabasco sauce - this size is for giving away. I keep a bigger bottle for my own use. I also save any mason jars I'm given if the giver doesn't want it back. I have 20 tomato plants thriving right now and plan to make a lot of sauce and crushed tomatoes soon.

I reuse plastic water bottles for homemade sauces and dressings. I actually tossed out about two boxes of empty bottles a few months ago from my hoard to make some space.

Comment

I used to save my beer bottle caps until I noticed I had enough to side my entire house.
        Come to think of it that would have looked really cool.

Comment

• KenC52
          KenC52 commented
          Editing a comment
          I nail mine along the door trim inside my shop. One cap for each brand of beer I have tried. Wanted to post a photo here but apparently I can't

Yeah, I have an extensive bottle and jar collection. I also like plastic squeeze bottles they are very handy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51Lx0mKCKqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	865319

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Not to mention mason jars. Lots of mason jars of all sizes. And what's great are the single-piece plastic lids you can get for them.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I gotsa lotsa Mason jars,, an other jars/bottles as well, one could safely say...

Them plastic 1 pc. lids are cool, I agree.

One can also find a variety of spiffy shaker / pour lids, which are great fer rubs, seasonins, etc.

I never, never, no way Jose, wouldnโ€™t think of it, ever save a bottle! Cept once in awhile, then every 6 to 9 mos I have to pitch a box of em out. ๐Ÿ•ถ

Comment

I reuse shaker containers but don't keep a collection. Same goes for smaller glass jars that I use for grease disposal.

Comment

No I don't but I have a Mexican friend that saves fifth sized liquor bottles that he re-purposes to fill with his homemade salsa. He makes huge batches on selected weekends and his wife makes fresh corn tortillas. He always lets me know when he plans on making it and I try to plan smoking a pork butt. Then he gets some smoked pulled pork and I get salsa and tortillas. We both get tacos!

Comment

• N227GB
              N227GB commented
              Editing a comment
              Of course, the salsa would have to go in a tequila bottle. I think the shot pour thing in an 1800 bottle would get clogged though.

I not only hoard, er, uh, I mean Save jars an bottles, I've bought a few lots of both 4 an 8oz. baby food jars to give out samples in...

Comment

Beer bottles....10 cent deposit on them....beer cans too....
              I make my own dry rub so every so often there's a spice bottle day of reckoning but even at my worst I don't come remotely close to your conglomeration.

Comment

• Argoboy
                Argoboy commented
                Editing a comment
                I have room so I keep them, I could probably stop now.

OK here is a photo of my shop door frame, with my beer bottle tops. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180422_164742142.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	865765

Comment

Our deep dark secret is finally out. We have a disturbing number of old Mt. Olive pickle jars sitting in every imaginable spare space. โ˜น๏ธ

Comment

I donโ€™t purchase enough stuff in bottles/jars to save.
                  Besides, living alone it would take forever. LOL

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis