Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Oven Gathering "DOG"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCGrill
    replied
    Haven't seen one personally, saw one on TV. Last year I camped in a state park and one of the park rangers did a demonstration class. Very inspiring. I haven't done a lot myself, but I have done skillet corn bread using Dutch oven techniques. The biggest thing to learn when baking is you need more coals on top than on the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Sooo - you are tellin' me that cookin' has gone to the Dogs?

Leave a comment:

• Porkies
    commented on 's reply
    I hadn't heard of the DOG until now, either!

• tiewunon
    commented on 's reply
    - I never did either until 07 up in Bedford Pa. Very interesting crowd and great cooks. Found out at this event that their are Dutch Oven Groups throughout the US and they have meets up. Who would have thunk it.
    - Then the two at the campground in S. Fla were organized by two couples from Ohio that belonged to such a group.
    - Got to admit your bread in yesterdays post looked mighty good and got me thinking about breaking out the dutch oven and table to hone my inept skills.

• jfmorris
    replied
    I've never heard of such a gathering - sounds interesting! About anything you can cook can be cooked in a dutch oven, so makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• tiewunon
    started a topic Dutch Oven Gathering "DOG"

Dutch Oven Gathering "DOG"

After seeing some fantastic looking bread the past 2 Days jfmorris & Porkies was wondering if any Pit members have been to a "DOG" in the past?
    I stumbled into one at a campground in Bedford PA. Fantastic food and unbelievable cooks. Additionly before health made me give up the motorhome the park I snowbirded in had a DOG a couple years in a row.
    I learned a whole new way to cook from these fine folks.
    Last edited by tiewunon; June 19, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis