Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Prices Going Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Dang, makes me wish I had a 45 day dry aged 20lb wagyu rib primal to sell you, CaptainMike!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    One MILLION dollars, muhwahahahaha!!!!

• GolfGeezer
    replied
    I'm seeing $2-$3.00/lb increase across the board for every kind of beef and pork products here in SoCal. You can still find prices lower than that, but even Costco briskets have jumped to the $6-$9/lb range. Just a few months ago you could get a Prime packer for closer to $3.xx/lb. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    I have a 20lb wagyu rib primal coming out of the locker today after a 45 day dry age...wonder what it's gonna be worth!

Leave a comment:

• USMCCrashCrew89
    replied
    Huh, who woulda thought my stash of bone in ribeye roasts in the chest freezer would become retirement nest egg!

I noticed the same thing with pork butt, ribs, and brisket. I figured all those briskets that didn’t sell ended up as hamburger.
    Last edited by USMCCrashCrew89; June 15, 2020, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I almost feel like I made a smart investment in those cheap butts and chuck roasts I have in the freezer.

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    klflowers I know you have that RV filled with toilet paper, lol

• smokenoob
    replied
    dang! just when I thought it was ok to burn through my stash......

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Same here. I saw whole CAB briskets for $1.99/lb. at Kroger near the beginning of the shutdown, and that's an unheard of price around here. Now Kroger wants $9.99/lb. for brisket flats. Nah, I'm good. That's especially crazy, considering there are plenty of other places to buy them for a more reasonable price.

• journeymanjohn
    replied
    During the first wave.... I would walk thru a grocery and the meat section would be almost completely sold out, except for brisket.

My guess is most don't know how to cook it... yay, for me.... and you.

Then, brisket prices actually started dropping! It had been a long time since I had seen one under $4/lb. But there they were.

I wonder if the demand on all the other cuts created an excess? If so, why didn't butchers just grind it up?

Anyway, I'm glad they didn't and it sounds like I may need to hoard a few.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    OK, I have resisted hoarding until right now.

Leave a comment:

• hoovarmin
    started a topic Beef Prices Going Up?

Beef Prices Going Up?

One of my clients is an exec with a major national grocery company who just told me that we are about to see the price of beef skyrocket higher than anything we've ever seen. His company is projecting that in the southeast US, grocery store prices for ground beef will be $9.99 per lb. I asked him about choice ribeye and he said $20 per lb. I hope he is wrong. He did say that their projections have the spike sustaining for 3 months and then coming back down.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis