Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHOCKER! #1 has been bitten by MCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOCKER! #1 has been bitten by MCS

#1 has decided the Weber 26 and WSM need the companionship of a gasser. Less fuss, cleanup and ease of use for her. While I will likely be allowed to use it, there will be NO smoking (wood chunks) in it, ever.

Would like some input as I know nothing about gassers. If you have/had one, please give me your observations, likes/dislikes and what you’d do differently if you were buying again.

We’re currently going through the ratings here.

TIA,

Rich

I have an inexpensive ($159) five burner Char-Broil which cooks pretty well. I use it mostly for large quick cooks. The unanswered question at this point is long term durability. It also has a side burner.

Comment

Well with what you have, I suspect Weber is on your radar. I have a 3 burner Genisis II purchased 3 years ago. I love it. I did a bulk install of LP. It's my fuel for hot water, heat and F. P. If you can, might want to consider that. Not having to think about filling a tank makes the cost worth it IMO.

Comment

I currently have a Weber Genesis II E-310, it does a really nice job. It will get up to 550 degrees in about 10-15 minutes, and cooks very evenly. The wife bought it on clearance at Lowe's 2 years ago for like half price. If money were not a concern, I would get the the next step up that includes the sear burner. I trust Weber for durability as well, they have a 10 year warranty on everything, and replacement parts seem pretty easy to find after that.

Before that grill I had the Char-Griller Grillin' Pro. It cooked unevenly, but it would get very very hot. In Max's review, I think he said it gets around 600 degrees, the one I had would easily start pushing 700 though! However, the whole thing was a rusty mess (even though I looked after it and kept a cover on it) after I had it for about 6 years. So I put it on the curb a couple years ago. But for the $$$, I would definitely have considered buying another one had my wife not found the Weber on clearance.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Why not get a set of grill grates for it? Would probably give you about 700F direct heat :-)

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the GG's. All I can say is get em" The sear at 700 plus is unbelievable.

Since it is first gasser I would go for a Weber Spirit 3 burner, probably the Spirit II E-310. You can get a rotisserie for it It has all of the Weber benefits including the 10 year warranty, but won't break the bank if she doesn't like it and has a bunch of accessories.
        Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 14, 2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

The grillin pro with GG is fantastic but after a year and serious carefulness and repainting, it’s still only going to last another year or so.

however the GG are perfect. Will have to buy a Replacement grill to match the GG size.

someone told me once that any gas grill is $100.00/ year. Seems about right in my experience.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	731448AF-4092-477E-BBB7-9D82AE0C83E8.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	862592

Comment

• Polarbear777
              Polarbear777 commented
              Editing a comment
              Char griller grillin’ pro with GG.

I went with the Saber based on what I had for requirements plus the review on this site. It gets HOT. That's all I got.

Comment

I feel my 2002 Weber has served us well. IMO stay with at least a burner.

Comment

I have the Spirit II E-310 3 burner from Weber, purchased through Lowe's, where I got 10% off as a veteran. Bought it about 2 years ago. Put Grill Grates on it and have not looked back. It has worked fine. I have grilled and smoked everything from steak to Thanksgiving turkey. I got free assembly and delivery by Lowe's. Hard to beat that with a stick. It is great for cooking for 6 easily, though it could handle for more. Normally cooking for 2, (still need to get a rotisserie for it). As for smoking in it, I used the Amaze-N-Tube and pellets from BBQ Delight.
                Last edited by SmokingSteve; June 15, 2020, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Sadly, alla my grills / smokers run on alternate fuels, so I do not have any kind of experience-based answers fer ya....sorry fer my lack of experience in this matter...

Comment

• bardsleyque
                    bardsleyque commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've only cooked on my sister in laws gasser,I need much more practice! My grills are webber and stick burner.

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @bardsleycue
                    Webers an stickburners are what I have, fer th most part. No gasser except fer a Blackstone 36" griddle, hence my inability to be of any assistance...
                    Don't worry, even fer a moment; there's be much brighter bulbs along than myself, to help ya!

I like the Everdure Furnace by Heston Blumenthal (don't own it though, so no firsthannd experience). I know Max Good is reviewing it, but not sure if the review is done. It sure has a lot of power (BTUs), and you can lift it off the legs to place directly on a table if you like. And you can get it in many different colors :-)

There are two sizes, it comes in a slightly smaller version too. Here's a short intro video by the BBQ Guys.

Click image for larger version  Name:	everdure-furnace-gasgrill.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.0 KB ID:	862845
                  Last edited by Henrik; June 15, 2020, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• hoovarmin
                    hoovarmin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like that design

Another vote for Weber Genesis II E-310.

Comment

Weber Summit gasser. You'll end up using all that space. Just saying.

Kathryn

Comment

• richinlbrg
                      richinlbrg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      fzxdoc, yours is a built in, I’m guessing?

Ours will not be a built in.

Rich

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, our 6 burner Weber Summit S-650 (2008) is freestanding, richinlbrg .

K.

• richinlbrg
                      richinlbrg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My bad, fzxdoc , I looked up an S-660 instead of 650.

Thank you again for your help!

All I can offer is congratulations on #1 getting MCS. I've been trying to get my #1 to discover a longing for a Lang within herself, but she's not feeling it, lol.

Comment

• barelfly
                      barelfly commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haha! There is a sweet looking stick burner on a trailer in our neighborhood that I walk by every morning.....I mention to my wife every time she goes with me and we walk by it that it’s for sale......she doesn’t bite

Not that it is for sale, but in hopes that it would stir her inner self to want a LSG stick burner

• hoovarmin
                      hoovarmin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      barelfly LOL, we can't give up. Nothing beats failure like a try.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis