Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I lost my best little buddy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost my best little buddy today

RIP Dag (2004 - 2020)

Click image for larger version

Name:	660AD19E-2E82-4767-9017-6D0F28B4B1FA.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	861860

I’ll miss you, pal ... 😔 ...

Looks just like my "Boy named Sue" whom I kept after my first divorce until his death. He would wait for me by the road when I got of work at 2340hrs. I'd put some water in the tub to clean his paws, which he "loved," and then as soon I dried them off he beat me to the bed and slept all night at my feet, on my side, on my face, etc......

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, Mine is plastered to me, at night, especial.
      So sorry fer yer loss, Jerod Broussard
      I do know jus how that feels....

Oh man my wife and I feel for you. That is a beautiful buddy you have lost. We have lost our fair share of little friends and ther sitting our laps.

God bless sir.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

So sorry. We have lost two buddies over the years who had the exact same face.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

So sorry for your loss. Pets are part of the family for us, and it’s always hard to lose them.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Jim.

So sorry to hear about your loss MB.
    I know what you’re going through. Been there too many times myself.
    My thoughts are with you during this tough time my friend. ❤️

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Steve.

Steve B pretty much expressed everything I would say, please accept my condolences as well.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

Add my condolences!

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

Sorry you lost your buddy. We have a cat that looks identical, Oscar. Almost same age too. He lost his “little sister” this past January and has never been the same. I know how you feel right now.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

Feeling your pain, for sure. Here's to the happy memories!....

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. For sure there are plenty of happy memories ... buried for the moment under a mountain of grief that with luck, should pass with time.

Sorry to hear, MB, losing our little friends is tough, they’re family.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Takk min venn.

Edit: I apologize for replying in Norsk but it’s embarrassing to reply in Swedish while depending heavily on google translate for help and not (yet) having installed a Swedish keyboard on my iPhone.

The Swedish version via google translate: “Jag ber om ursäkt för att jag svarade på norska men det är pinsamt att svara på svenska samtidigt som jag beror mycket på google translate för hjälp och inte (ännu) har installerat ett svenskt tangentbord på min iPhone.”
      Last edited by MBMorgan; June 14, 2020, 12:06 AM.

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries, I read Norwegian with very little effort. Speaking Norwegian is another matter :-)

Beautiful eyes gone to sleep.

I'm afraid our favorite girl is not far behind. Our black manx "Dottie", who looks just like Dag has been with us since 2003. She has slowed considerably and worries me a lot. I have to poke her once in awhile to make sure she is just sleeping. She gets thyroid medicine pill twice a day. She doesn't appear to be in any pain, so that is good. Spends many hours a day on my wife's lap.

So sorry for your loss!

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Dag survived thyroid disease (multiple I-131 treatments followed by meds) only to succumb to kidney failure in the end. The vet described cats as creatures designed to live 25 years but only equipped with 15-year kidneys. Keep Dottie close ...

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      When ya look back on all that's ever been said an done, in yer entire life, cain't think of anything, cain't really imagine summat more soothin than a cat in yer lap
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 14, 2020, 11:12 AM. Reason: ficksed my tipoes

I am so very sorry to hear this, Mike, it truly makes my heart ache fer ya....

I know all kinda fancy words, can even spell em correct, when called upon, but I gots no words actually sufficient to soothe th magnitude of yer loss... sorry fer my failins....

Dag was a beautiful cat, as I have previously remarked/complimented upon.

Reckon, you'll catch up with him, one day, an all will be Right..

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Bonesy (Mr. T?). I truly appreciate your sentiments (regardless of spelling). I like to think there really is a rainbow bridge where Dag is getting (re)acquainted with our previous feline family members and where we’ll all be eventually reunited someday.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I prefer to think along those lines, as well...
      It is very painful to lose any family member...
      Hopin fer th Rainbow Bridge, as well, My Friend...

My thoughts are with you during this time. We to had to say goodbye to one of our cats last month and a dog 2 months prior. Time heals and thankfully we still have the other 2 cats and 3 dogs to take care of us.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, my friend.

So sorry for your loss. We have two small dogs and they are so much like our family. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, David.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis