Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feulle de Brick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karon Adams
    replied
    I made another batch of feuilles the other day. in a batter (can you REALLY call it a better?) maybe 'slurry' I added a tablespoon of Cocoa powder. in hindsight, I'll probably use chocolate milk podwer, next time. but, that little bit of cocoa powder gave me a nice chocolate feuille. a terrific wrap for fruits and such. if you want a past, I like taking a cookie, beating it up and adding a tiny little bit of water to make a paste. any dry cookie you like. if you are using a filled cookie, you might use a little less liquid. I like cream. but, OK, say Nilla waers. crushed to crumbs and mixed with a few tablespoons of cream.

put your nilla paste onto your chocolate Feuille, add some small fruit pieces. sliced banana, strawberry, blueberries, maybe top with a teaspoon of jam. fold into a brick and crisp off to cook the feuille, brown the flour in the feuille and crisp the layers of the feuille.

How Yummy, crunchy, creamy and warm. then, top with a little whipped cream with another touch of jam in the cream or just some powdered sugar.

what can be used for dinner can take a sweet turn and become dessert.

I begin to think it would make a great theme dinner. pile platters with bricks of hors d'ovres, a platter of main course and one of dessert.

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	open brick.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	87770 Here is a picture of our 'bricks. that is the origin of Feulle de Brick, it is because you fold it into a brick shape. and they really are great! just enough to give you some bready/starch taste with dinner without eating a lot of carbs, spiking a diabetes surge. You can also make these easily with rice flour, thus going completely gluten free. I do have some friends who have Celiac disorder, where the gut simply does NOT digest gluten correctly and can make them VERY sick. so, you can make these with wheat flour or rice flour or, pretty much any other! they are way cool!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cropped.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	87769

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    What? You mean chem trails aren't real? :«)

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    HAHAHAHA Jerod Broussard that's a Tete Dur brick lie

• GreenThumb
    replied
    Pictures of how you use them?

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    replied
    OK, I officially love this more than I love crepes. and I REALLY like crepes!! So, I made some of these yesterday and today. Last night, I made "brick" of Mexican. refried beans, taco filling and cheddar cheese. Folded into the little rectangle then crisped in the skillet. It was nice! then, hot and crispy with a little sauce. tonight, I had some ground beef with sauce and Swiss Cheese same thing. put it on the leaf, fold into the brick, then cook until the leaf is browned and all is nice and crispy.

For medical reasons, I don't eat a lot of bread (says the woman who bakes bread at least once a week!) but, I don't eat most of what I make. HWMO eats it and we share with the neighbors. if it depended on me eating it, we would both have long since been dead from ergot. but, that's another post. anyway, I usually end up using bread to carry the meal but left behind. this is perfect. I can make my little sandwich packet, get all the yummies of a sandwich, the blends and the structure, without the excess of grain. very nice!

I am very much looking forward to the Rueben packets I will be making.

HWMO found whole brisket on sale at wal-baums yesterday and we plan to corn the whole thing for corned beef and for pastrami. I can already taste the Reuben packets! I have been a bit ahead of the curve in food trends. Seems there is a BIG fad now of 'will it waffle'? all sorts of things made in waffle irons. Makes sense when you think of the average income, budget and cooking experience of, say, college kids, especially college males. If you can put it in a waffle iron, you don't actually have to DO much beyond plug it in, close it, then open it when it starts smelling ready. I have been waffling my Reuben's for quite a few years. I LOVE them waffled! I just brush melted butter on my sammich bread, and I will even build it ON the iron. then, close it and everything goes hot & gooey and the bread is oh,so crispy in the waffle iron. eaten with a knife & fork (WAY too hot for digits) and a few squirts of mustard and you are good to go! I can just imagine my Reuben Bricks with the Feuille. Not sure if I will be willing to give up the bread, I DO love that part but, this looks like a good way to Reuben, too.

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    replied
    Something else about these, they are definitely the thing for carb careful folks. that tiny tissue thin piece is stronger than it looks, especially with butter but so thin it can hold nearly anything. for those who cannot eat gluten (the true celiacs not necessarily the ones who are going gluten free in the same way they are concerned about chem trails) making these with corn flour, rice flour and corn starch would be marvelous.

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    replied
    I have been wanting to make baklava for a while, certainly for the videos when I finish the current series. LOOOOONG ago, before HWMO and I were even dating, I decided, for some reason, to try to Make Baklava. All I know was the little Greek Sandwich shop sold it and that the family had been making it for generations. well, that put it in the real of doable. having been done LONG before the days electricity and so forth. so, I went to the library (we had those, back then) and did a little research. came up with a recipe, tracked down Phyllo dough and went from there. I made Baklava before I knew it was supposed to be hard. So, now, I can make Baklava myself from scratch. not premades involved!! I can't wait to show you guys the results!!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Tete dur brick...hard headed

• Karon Adams
    replied
    PS, Made Dinner tonight with them. two layers to start with refried beans on the bottom layer, then the ground pork w/chorizo browned then the two layers rolled. since they didn't perfectly close, we added on more layer to finish the wrap and seal. then, the pouches went into a skillet to brown off with some butter. out, on the plate, add a sauce and dinner is served!!

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Had to look that up, sounded like french for charcoal

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    started a topic Feulle de Brick

Feulle de Brick

So, yeah, been making these this afternoon. I'll be using them for breakfast and who knows what else. I found it looking for various WAYS TO MAKE ice cream CONES, so, making these are now a new technique for me. And I'll be using this in other uses. Already decided what I'll make for breakfast in the AM

The great thing is, for those who are counting carb this is probably the least you could possibly have. Paper thin. seriously, you could read through these and then roll stuff in them and fry or bake, SO very cool!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis