Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How dis Cowboys store theri beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    Hey man, on the intertubes, spelling and grammar are optional. As long as I can get the gist of what you're trying to say (and in this case I did), all is gud. Besides which, you Americans misspell all kinds of words by leaving out the letter "U". :-)
    Last edited by pkadare; June 13, 2020, 12:27 AM.

• RichieB
    replied
    Always admired that era. The men, yea cowboys and the job. Living outside the majority of the time, driving cattle to the chophouse. I suspect not an easy life, but essential. Yea, I'd like to get my steak from the butcher. The beef doesn't get delivered to be processed you don't eat beef.

Yea, I scewed up the title big time. I wasn't even drinking then. That's changed with this post. If you are curious about the history of that era in America, check out the National Cowboy Museum.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    duh!!! that's what I get for living in California. It kills brain cells! thanks Troutman

• Troutman
    replied
    This just makes me want to break into song......

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    "Speaking of “meat Tim” did you know Texas drovers would butcher a cow every 3-5 days and put the steaks at the bottom of the chuck wagon keeping it cool by putting the bedrolls on top"

• ofelles
    replied
    Didn't see anything about Cowboys storing beef. Wow. a reminder as to why I don't do twitter and facebook

Leave a comment:

• RichieB
    started a topic How dis Cowboys store theri beef?

How dis Cowboys store theri beef?

I'm sure a little known fact. Sorry it's a Twitter feed from the Nat'l Cowboy Museum. Yea, I follow them.

https://twitter.com/ncwhm/status/127...913999360?s=09

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis