Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you are not cooking BBQ, what are you cookin? #FishHereInLouisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you are not cooking BBQ, what are you cookin? #FishHereInLouisiana

Lately, I'm cooking outside about every other night. If I get home late (7 pm tonight), that will often crimp the timeframes, since I do not have a gasser but have to wait for my charcoal chimney to get red and ashed over. So tonight was Fresh Fish!

I live 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, and there is great saltwater fishing all around. So, my brother and I get to go fishing, but not as much in the past year, too much work on our business! He BUILT the boat we are on, a prototype we will build next year, it is super cool!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2119-90 degrees.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	85968

We fished a cut in the marshes off the West Cove of Calcasieu Lake. Marshes in the background here. (Our tunnel boat is built for just this type of action! We can go anywhere in the marsh...which is fitting, since the boats are named Marshrunner.)

Name:	IMG_2116.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	85967

Did I mention I'm so proud of Bill and the boats he builds! This is so fun.

Name:	IMG_2129-90 degrees.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	85969

Oh yeah, and we ate the fish! Here is a flounder, broiled with a rosemary and garlic rub. Yummy!

Name:	IMG_2197.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	85970

Fun!!!

Name:	IMG_2125.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	85966

Awesome! Is your bro going to sell them? Looks like a good time was had.

A buddy of mine just texted me a nice picture of himself out fishing tonight, mirror calm water, red sunset, 3 walleyes in the live well. And I spent the day mowing. With a push mower.... (But I had pulled beef nachos and a beer or 3 so all's well.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

What's a pulled beef nacho look like? (Sadly, I already know what a pushmower looks like.)

This summer one of my goals is to do a shrimp boil. I have a recipe from a friend and just bought a outdoor turkey cooker. I will be trying it out in the next few days. A new Challenge!!!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Shrimp boil is fun!!!

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      I did a seafood boil (which included shrimp) over Memorial Day weekend. Good stuff and lots of fun.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis